Family

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, didn't I see you on Reno 911?
Here's a taste of my wacky 'hood, literally around the corner from my house. I couldn't find a vid for Bluetooth Kyle, but here's Boombox Ronnie, AKA Cool whip. He's always entertaining, but he really hits his stride here around 11:00.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s222SVBZ_Bk" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seriously, do a Google search for Boombox Ronnie and you'll get dozens of videos like this, most of them within a few blocks of me.

Hope the surgery goes well. I know what you mean about hospitals. Luckily I live near a good one, unluckily I have had to visit various family members too many times there in the last year.

Keep us posted!

-Geoff

Some good news:

* I got some sleep here at the hospital for once.

* T-minus 4 hours until last surgery.

* Tentative release tomorrow or Wednesday.

* Insurance through Zack's work is COVERED through July!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D (...we may have to shuffle some sick days around in order to get the first part of August situated...)

So, that's a large weight off my shoulders. Though FMLA doesn't cover part-time workers (this is a job so he can get an electrical engineering degree), he should be good with work. We hope, anyway.

8)

So sorry to hear about your and your partner's troubles but cheered that insurance will pay. If anyone can do this, you can; you're just too damn stubborn to give in to the bullsh*t!

Even though I have been checking for updates, I only now see the last couple days worth.

Hope the last, hopefully last, arm surgery went well and that Zack is doing well overall.

It sounds like you are doing well given the circumstances. Stay well and know we care about you and your family.

Oh, how I love Hospital Hotel. :( I think I'm awake enough to type this... I'm back at home for a smoke, a shower, wrapping up end-of-the-month business crap, making sure the animals and plants don't dry up in the heat...

...last surgery went well. I talked extensively with the surgeon about the procedure, and it's going to be far better for Zack who likes a somewhat active lifestyle. I have the old external fixation device and will probably make wind chimes out of it.

He hurt really bad last night. Kept waking up, and there wasn't much I could do but tell him to push the button on the "candy machine" that drips a little morphine into the I.V.

Things are definitely getting better, though, just a matter of time. A friend let me borrow a wheelchair for him getting around his parents' house for the month he'll be on the mend. Every dollar counts.

Kyle Weiss":hn33jvko said:
I have the old external fixation device and will probably make wind chimes out of it.
Well if that ain't lemons to lemonade, I dunno what is.
Seriously though, I'm glad to hear that things are going to be ok (immediate pain, aggravation, and financial strain aside, anyway).

Good to hear that the surgery went better than expected. It is hard to keep the activity junkies down for long. :clown:

More good news:

* Zack was up early bossin' the nurses' around, told them to get out of the way and made it to the commode on his own. That's the tough SOB I know and love. :twisted:

* A hospital release might happen within mere hours.

I can't wait to get out of this damn place, neither can he.

:cheers:

Kyle ,
Hope you two are out of there by now and headed home !
Our prayers are with you !
Tim