Farewell My Friends....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
Hello Gang,

I'm gonna try to keep this short and sweet :lol: Those of you with whom I'm frends with on Facebook are already aware of what I'm gonna say. Over the last few months my intrest in pipesmoking has faded away completely. Though I've tried nearly every nite to smoke a bowl of various things I find that nothing seems to agree with me physically anymore. This all has coincided with my recent weightloss and fitness journey. My entire lifestyle has really changed. Through this, my taste for tobacco seems to have vanished sadly. I have decided to take a very long hiatus from smoking and will begin the process of selling off a good chunk of my pipes and at least a portion of my tobacco cellar. I will be keeping my art, jars, books, catalogs, ect. I've yet to decide if I'll be selling the items myself or if I'll employ the help of someone. For now, NOTHING is available.

Regardless of what happens and effective immediately I will no longer be active in the hobby as I was. I've made alot of good friends and have had alot of great times. In my 12+ years I've seen and experienced it all. Being part of this group as well as the SHPC ranked highest on my list. It's time for me to move on to new things. I'll check in from time to time and will give those intrested a heads up on the status of of my pipe/tobacco sales.

I leave you in the very capable hands of Jason, PD, PB, Carlos and Doc. Please be good to them. They have an unpaid and sometimes thankless position as keepers of the peace.

Thank you all for the many memories. It's been a blast!

For the last time, I remain truly your's,

Dock J.Perry

You will be missed Dock........ you are a legend in your own right.
Good luck and enjoy!!! :(

Sorry to hear that Dock. It has always been a plasure to read your postings & to view your incredible cellar & pipe collection. All the best with this new phase in your life.

A shocker... sorta like Rush Limberg announcing he will be President Obama's running mate in 2012. :shock:

Although this is deeply saddening for BoB, I and I'm sure everyone, wish you the very best.

I certainly hope you will continue to be a devoted Red Sox fan.

I agree that this is a big shocker. :shock:

DPG - I regret that I did not get to know you a little better and glean more wisdom from your knowledge of pipes and the hobby in general. Your presence will be greatly missed, and we can all only hope that you will come back and see us some day.

Wishing you all the best in your new endeavors and pursuits! :cheers:

Dock,

Glad to hear you're exploring a healthier lifestyle and new interests! Both are necessary. We will miss your posts for sure- you've done so much for the BoB fellowship.

I took many years off from pipes and ended up coming back to it years later. I had a very nice collection that I regret having lost now.

Dock, sorry that you are leaving Bob but glad you are moving on and finding new interests in your life. Good luck with wherever that takes you. :sunny:

MisterE spoke wisely, someday 20 years from now you may find great pleasure in discovering a box of your favorite pipes. I know I did and this is what got me back, joined Bob, etc. All of our priorities change with time.

Sad to see you go Dock, but I wish you the very best. Definitely going to miss the knowledge you offered in your articles. Take care!

Best of luck Dock,,,thanks for sharing your enthusiasm and knowledge,,,your input will be missed,,,I won't say goodbye, but will wish you well on your endeavors and new life,,,,follow your heart,,,,
Mark

wow, im shocked. Wherever life leads you, best of luck. you will be missed

Duke

Hey, Dock ---

Been there, done that. Several times. At one point I was a 100%-devoted bicycle road racer, and didn't even THINK of a pipe for several years. But if pipes are in your blood, they're in your blood, and will always draw you back.

You are young, and just encountering your first lifestyle "distraction", is all. Go enjoy it. Even use it as an opportunity to offload those maybe yes/maybe no pieces you were on the fence about... but DON'T divest yourself of the special & hard-won stuff. I guarantee you'll regret it if you do.

It doesn't seem possible at 33, but believe me there will come a time when a favorite pipe and book is your idea of an exciting evening. And then---another decade or two---there's no way to know how many of the things we take for granted today will be possible to obtain at any price.

Later, bro, and drop in occasionally with some snapshots or similar. You'll always have friends here. 8)

George

Enjoy your hiatus Dock :)

You will be missed indeed, and your return will be under the din of trumpets

That's surprising news coming from someone that had such a passion for pipes and memorabilia! Burnout?

Good luck,
Jim

Dock,
Just read the Facebook entry and came straight here.
Glad you are pursuing a healthy lifestyle. As others have stated, hold onto some of those prized pipes. Those can NEVER be replaced. You never know 5-10-15-20 years from now; you'll reacquire your taste for fine baccy.

PS: Keep me posted on the "Spring Cleaning Event" and if you need help moving your cache, let me know. I'm looking at getting a table at the November show in Albany.

Sean E. Noonan aka "DoverPipes"

Dock,

Sorry to hear of the burnout, but wish you best of luck and much happiness wherever life may lead you next.

Cheers,

Kap.

I second Kap! I'm sorry to to see you go and will miss your posts. I wish you all the best in everything. Take care, and best regards, Ron :cry:

All the best to you, Dock. May life bring you nothing but joy and happiness, my Friend!

So sorry to see you leave. I have really enjoyed your posts and most of all your kindness to me when I was a newbie here. Best of luck to you in the future and please come back and visit! :shock: :(