Fatman's Traveling Snuff Circus

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrumsAndBeer":pwlncjiu said:
gravel":pwlncjiu said:
DnB, if you want a sample, send me a PM. I swear that is all I'll send.  :p
Thanks for the offer but between the Bernard Schmalzer's and the Viking Dark, I have more enchanted fairy forests than I can possibly fit in my nose at the moment.

I will however pencil in "Enchanto Domingo" for the next, albeit far off in the distant-future purchase..   :p
I will respect your wishes.

Ooh! Another winner:

7. Fribourg & Treyer: Old Paris. In other reviews here and there this one is often mentioned along side of Santo Domingo. I guess due the textural and moisture likeness. But it's not quite so dark, having a slight reddish cast. Be that as it may, it is moist and easy to prevent from going way deep. So for newbies, that's good. Other than the physical aspects...the resultant aromas are quite wonderful. If Santo Domingo is dark, earthy, cedar and spice...the Old Paris is dark, musty, floating dust moats amid well cared for leather and spice. So SD is the forest and OP is the tack room. The two form an equestrian theme...an explosive gallop through the cedars then back to the stable. Couldn't be more perfect!

Thus far I've found 4 major winners:

Wilson of Sharrow SP's...Grand Cairo and Gold Label.
Fribourg & Treyer...Santo Domingo and Old Paris.

And more:

8. F & T Morocco.  Meh. Supposed to be one of the two lightest scented blends of the line. Accurate from my limited experience. Just not much going on...and not that it has to be explosive to be OK. Light is fine so long as what's there is a Wow...but no Wow generated by Morocco to my tired palette.

9. F & T Macouba. Sniffing the tin aroma of this I thought I wouldn't like it. Too 'barnyard'. But upon my first trial I discovered it was like those barnyard laden smoking flakes...barnyard, but in a good way. Very pleasing. Not like Old Paris, which I'm centering on as the pick of the litter, but nice. Also, this is another damp and therefore easy to keep low in the nose item. This is important, as some of the fine, dry ones have shot up into sinus areas only to project me, hooting and whistling, up and down the hall. 

I'm going to have to try and talk FM out of that tin of Old Paris, by golly!

I am certain we can come to some sort of an arrangement.....

BH, you evil man.

Why did I listen to you and check out this section of the Forum? It's been a whole bunch of years since I've used any snuff, and now you dare tempt me. The worst part is that horrible website that provides so many possibilities that seemingly never existed before. OK, you've convinced me I need to expand my horizons. Smoking is bad for me, I'll do this for my health.

Indeed. They check blood titers, look for TB, occasionally get donations, and snoop while they're at it. The one that amuses me is, you have to fast to have your cholesterol checked at the doctor's office. Give blood, and they give you results in a few days regardless of whether you ate or not. Actually, they encourage you to eat and drink prior to the donation. Quite the questionnaire that goes with that. Have you been out of the country? Any surgeries or transplants in the last year? Have you been exposed to anything (only everyday)? Have you had unprotected sex? Have you been in lockup for greater than 72 hours? I guess there's a 72 hour grace period where no one will rape you. Welcome to the world of semi unretirement.

The snuff board is expanding! I love it. And we got our first Sticky even!

What's going on here.

I thought this was the outcast's section. :p

L - yeah, well I can understand them keeping check on medical professionals like you in today's world of infectious diseases...but if it was just to make sure you hadn't snuck out for a cig on your break...that's a different thing.

And, DnB - I did that cause it made sense to let it ride.

You can smoke, but you have to clock out and leave the property.  They have a program to promote health, where you have regular checks, keep records of what you eat and what you do to stay in shape.  I won't play that game.  I am in shape though, and I do laugh at some of the young people that can't keep up with me.  If you're blessed with ok genes, and do things in moderation, you have a chance of decent health.  I don't smoke unless I have a whole bunch of days off, so I don't carry the smell on me.  I really enjoy those pipes when I can have them.  Professional?  Hah!

What's important here is, we have arrived.  We have managed Sticky Status.

Whee Hawww! Another winner!

10. Fribourg & Treyer: Princes. I guess there's a "Princes Special" as well, which is supposed to seem like a mix of Princes and Macouba...interesting. But as for Princes itself...yep! Another winner. It seems F&T has a number of very, very dark and moist blends. I would put this in that same pile, along with Santo Domingo, Old Paris and Macouba. Even though the scenting varies across the foursome, the dark and moist aspect makes any of them good to beginning snuffers...as opposed to a light and dry blend which floats easily into sinuses and beyond on the slightest snuff. Aside from that the flavors in Princes are excellent...a little floral, a little sandalwood, all good.

Anyway, another stone winner from the boyos at F&T (tinned by Wilsons of Sharrow I guess).

DrumsAndBeer":ozkfv18y said:
The snuff board is expanding! I love it. And we got our first Sticky even!

What's going on here.

I thought this was the outcast's section. :p
Heh, the funny thing is we never had need for a sticky. :p

Well, the need was there...throbbing...pulsating...burning!  You just never realized it. You'll lead a far happier and stress free life now that your PROBLEM has been solved! Trust me. I'm a Moderator, and I'm here to help you.

-----------------

Comment: (surprised...wonderment)  All kidding aside, I really am amazed at how quickly and easily the snuff thing kind of took me over. I look at it this way: At least now I won't burn down the house reading in bed.