fear the walking dead

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second episode is definitely better. The fact that they aren't showing a lot of zombies kinda lends to the sense of confusion of what's going on that folks at ground zero probably feel. The lack of gore makes sense too because they wouldn't be hard core this early on. In fact, I thought the mother bashing in the head of the principle was pretty unrealistic this early on and her lack of emotion after was pretty poor. Other than that it was better than the first episode.

I don't know ya know Wayne, would that situation tend to cause one to feel 'dis-jointed', separated from reality almost, possibly one of those 'time feels like it is going slow' moments, admittedly, her bashing his head in with the fire extinguisher was over the top for the situation. Did she know he was a 'Zombie', did she know the only way to stop him was to destroy the brain, she had that weird expression I see on her face a lot in her character roles, like the lights are on but nobody is home.

She saw him stabbed three times with no effect.. She saw him tumble down the stairs.. She'd hit him twice with the extinguisher.. Then she bashed his head. It's not like the lights went on to "hey, destroy the brain". Fight or flight had already kicked in, she'd tried to stop him twice, then she just went ballistic.

Ask a shooter in a defensive situation how many rounds he fired, where he aimed, etc.. Not a clue. Adrenaline and retire brain kicks in.

Yes, I often forget that most folk have never trained to keep a level head in fight situations, it's hard to keep in mind that people don't know that getting angry in a fight situation will end up costing you the fight, possibly your life.

Seriously though Buddy, don't you find her acting to be very wooden and forced, I find her almost painfully bad as an actor.

Briar Spirit":939etn8z said:
Yes, I often forget that most folk have never trained to keep a level head in fight situations, it's hard to keep in mind that people don't know that getting angry in a fight situation will end up costing you the fight, possibly your life.

Seriously though Buddy, don't you find her acting to be very wooden and forced, I find her almost painfully bad as an actor.
I like her acting, but perhaps that steely eyed stare and weird nose gets to me, oddly hot.

riff raff":4y6dfeyu said:
I like her acting, but perhaps that steely eyed stare and weird nose gets to me, oddly hot.
Why not, why not indeed, hell, I find Miranda Hart strangely alluring, she's tall, gentle and more than a little quirky, right up my alley but most folk I have shared this with think I'm insane, different strokes for different folks I guess.

Tonight was good. I like where some people died, and then some other people died, and then the others lived. Lol.

I won't say anything else in case you boys are in time zone lag. Lol.

puros_bran":1v3kj9qz said:
Tonight was good.  I like where some people died, and then some other people died, and then the others lived.   Lol.  

I won't say anything else in case you boys are in time zone lag.  Lol.
Yep, last nights episode had me on the edge of my seat the entire show. I loved the chaos.

riff raff":5290nddn said:
Yep, last nights episode had me on the edge of my seat the entire show.  I loved the chaos.
The story is definitely building. There seems to be a general 'lack of understanding' concerning the overall situation and transformations, but that will come in time.

OTOH, I think that Daniel Salazar has it figured out. :twisted:

As prevalent as Zombie stories have been in the past 30-40 years you think there'd be people that connected it instantly.. With a segment of the pop calling those that recognize the problem crazy, tin foil hat wearing, conspiracy, lunatic, etc.

puros_bran":h88h1yry said:
I wonder if they all die before Oct 11?   They are in TWD's time slot.
Or - will this series/prequel end until next summer when Season 2 of FTWD will continue?

We all know the story has to, at some point, end with Rick in the hospital and in a Coma.

Must be just me but I found this oddly delayed 3rd episode totally flat, the mother still isn't improving in her appalling acting and what is up with the supposed Zombie attack scenes, sheesh, they're 'fresh' Zombies and as such in accordance with the TWD story they are a real problem when fresh, fast and dangerous, these Zombies seem like they're the ones who are not sure what's going on.

For me personally I think it's time to stop expecting anything much from this series, it feels like the script writers and directors have never viewed any of the TWD series and thus have no idea what they are supposed to be building up to.

Glad you guys are finding it so engaging but the first episode and this 3rd episode have proven to be very disappointing to me, different strokes for different folks I guess.

Lol.

Laugh a little Bro. It's a Zombie TV show. Don't expect Grammy winning soundtracks, and Golden Globe acting.

Briar Spirit":ou4i4ddq said:
Glad you guys are finding it so engaging but the first episode and this 3rd episode have proven to be very disappointing to me, different strokes for different folks I guess.
Now Kirk, don't get your tits in a tangle just yet. I'm gonna give this one a little longer to see how it develops. It's not the same caliber ans TWD, and never will be. Many had high expectations for this series, some still do. While I see the story 'as a whole' still building, but it's got a long way to go and develop - if they plan to keep people engaged and watching.

Oh I found the Bye Felicia outrageously funny Buddy, I actually burst out laughing when I goggled the slang phrase, just never had that one before is all.

I'm just jaw flapping Bud, I'll be watching each episode like yourself, conversation is dull if everyone just posts the usual 'yeah, it was great'. :)

Rob_In_MO":rpx405m0 said:
Now Kirk, don't get your tits in a tangle just yet. I'm gonna give this one a little longer to see how it develops. It's not the same caliber ans TWD, and never will be. Many had high expectations for this series, some still do. While I see the story 'as a whole' still building, but it's got a long way to go and develop - if they plan to keep people engaged and watching.

I like my tits in a tangle.... :lol:

Can't say as I like any of the characters in this one, don't think that's helping for me. :)

Besides.. It really doesn't matter if her character sucks, she's Fixing to die. And Latino ex-wife will put her down. They can't resist very obvious foreshadowing.