Feedback on specific cigars

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sancho Panza is a great stick...at a great price. I also agree with Lucky about rocky Patel's Indian Tabac line. Real nice stuff in there to enjoy. The Cameroon Legend Maduro is my favorite.

But then agian...there is Fuente for a "few dollars more.." :lol:

For good smoke for the buck, I've had great success with Old Fashond's. I forget who had them on special at the time, but about two years ago I ordered a bunch of them, several different styles and wrappers, but all larger ring gauge and long, big-boys. They averaged, with shipping, just under a buck and a quarter each. Right now I'm into the #8 EMS wrapper. After two+ years in my iglooador, they're a great, hour and a half smoke. I know many knock this brand, but my experience is they're much better than the Consuegras or JR alts. that I've never had any luck with.

On the other hand, this may show my lack of taste?

Natch

I can't remember what board or how far back even I was told but another very good cigar (not on the mild side) is Rocky Patel's "The Edge". They run around $4 a stick in my neck of the woods and come in both Natural and Maduro. I was very surpised of their quality for the price. They are made in Nicaragua and are a robust smoke IMHO. The Maduro's are a little richer in flavor IMHO. The are consistant burning and flavor throughout the entire cigar. The three or four cigar shops I frequent have a tough time keeping them in stock after regulars started smoking them. If you like a stronger cigar I would give them a try.

Onyx Reserve Maduro Robustos

I picked up several of these cigars and recently smoked the last one so I thought I would give some impressions of them. They appear to be a well constructed cigar and burn evenly with a nice long ash. Flavor is medium full, with some spiciness in the second half of the stick. I've heard of others having problems with the draw on these and also had this problem with one myself until I discovered it's much better to cut them with a guillotine cutter and remove most of the head. The one I had the problem with had been cut with a bullet cutter. Overall they're a nice smoke for not a lot of money.

Smokey

Two great suggestions there with the RP Edge and the Onyx! Fanatic smokes that are worth a little extra money! The Edge has been a great seller for Rocky for quite some time now. The Onyx has been too. Although they seem to get overlooked more than RP.

If you want a smoke that is of the Edges' calibur but not the full bodied smoke, try the RP Edge Lite! Don't be fooled by the name "Lite"! They are just a milder version of the regular line! :poncho:

Lucky

I received some Trinidad TTT's from CP as a thank you for some cookies I sent him. Is anybody familiar with this cigar? What is your opinion of it?

showme

showme1or2":8c75tz8v said:
I received some Trinidad TTT's from CP as a thank you for some cookies I sent him. Is anybody familiar with this cigar? What is your opinion of it?

showme

A good smoke. Strong. Not especially varied in flavor or spice. Dependable good smoke.

I smoked the Trinidad this morning. I was worried about how strong it was going to be, but it didn't seem too bad. It was flavorful, but not overpowering. Nice aroma. Well rolled. I chewed the heck out of the end for some reason and it held together well.

I felt this cigar in my head more than some others. Maybe that is what the strong reference was to. Not bad at all, but I would have rather enjoyed it while watching a good movie instead of walking into the office.

showme

Trinidad's are great smokes in my opinion. The have good flavor and excellent construction. Not a morning smoke for me though. It's a little too much to handle standing up.

I would enjoy it watching a movie also! LOL

I am actually looking at picking up a box of robustos soon.

Glad to hear you liked it.
:face:
Lucky