fellow pipe smoker from northern canada

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hello to all fellow pipe smokers. My name is JB. Chartier and I live in Wawa, On., Canada. Just thought I would start my contributions to this site by saying a big hello to you all. Also, where can a Canadian find pipe tobacco by the pound in this country? I would appreciate any and all replies to this questions. Will be back soon on this site. Y'all take care and keep on puffing guys. :cheers:

joseph-bruno":ccfji537 said:
where can a Canadian find pipe tobacco by the pound in this country? :

Probably at the border,,,ask the customs agents, Im sure they grab a bunch,,,

Blatter & Blatter in Montreal. Call them up and have a chat.
or
Mail order from a US website. Ship via USPS. NOT a courier.

You should have no problems getting what you want.

Doug

Been a long time since I passed through Wawa... over 30 years ago... welcome...

I'll send you a PM regarding tobacco.

Welcome from the extreme southern extension of what was once part of modern Canada. Arkansas, when it was part of France, was ruled out of Quebec, so it was technically part of Canada. At another time it was owned and ruled by the Spanish out of Antigua, Guatemala, so it was technically part of Central America. Man, this continental drift is getting be dizzy, better sit down with a brewski and a bowl.

Natch

Slow Puffs":6m77ozhv said:
Been a long time since I passed through Wawa... over 30 years ago... welcome...

I'll send you a PM regarding tobacco.
30 years to get out of Wawa, sounds like a typical hitchhiking story. LOL

[Historical note: during the days of the 60's and early 70's when hitchhiking across Canada, Wawa was a town which it was nearly impossible to get out of. People often found themselves there for days, and even among peaceable Canadian hippies fights would break out over latecomers trying to usurp another's "spot" by the road. The best spots being before the traffic had gotten up to highway speed.] :twisted:

Al (in SW Ontario, Canada)

Welcome to BoB from a fellow Canuck living in (usually sunny) Kansas City. Sympathies on the tobacco situation but you can look forward to lots of help and advice from the great folks here.

Welcome JB and big "HI" from Southern Ontario. Wawa is beautiful - you're a lucky guy to live there. I've only been once but I intend to come back.
I do most of my purchases online with 4Noggins, Pipesandcigars, cupojoes. 4Noggings will do First Class Mail International (most cost effective) shipping if you keep your order under 3lbs. Only about 20% of my orders from the US get tagged at Canada Customs for duty/taxes - the rest slip through. Even with the tax there is a huge savings to order from the US (right now). A $5 pouch or $7 tin from US costs me anywhere from $19-$27 around here. A 3lb order cost me around $100 with shipping. Even if I get taxed at the border for another $50 it's still a huge savings since that quantity of tobacco is valued at around $600 here. I still buy the odd tin locally but try to stick to e-tailers for most of my orders. Hope this helps. Happy Puffin'!