Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real quick. Looks like it's a "work on computers" for friends night. West Box has arrived. Had to use the appliance dolly to get her down to the basement hamshack/smoking room.

I just love how a boxpass smells. I dug right to the Maduro Cut Cake. Incredible! Mr. GL Pease, my hat off to you sir. Not only is this a generous thing to do, providing an early sample. But this is a really great smoke. Only half-way though a bowl. I poured it out on paper, scooped up all the larger pieces and set them aside. then loaded up the Castello with the smaller crumblies and piece. No sense rubbing any more out.

Report more later.

Ok, my friend Ed just drove 45 min after purchasing the wrong power supply. The guy at the computer store owes him a discount for the hassle. Ed even had the bad one with him. If I could steal one that would work out of any one of mine I would. Stupid dell!

Well, more time to play in the box. There is a lot here to sample. A lot of new to me blends. But I don't need to try them all. Just yet. :D

Brother Tony, hope you are ready. I will try to get it off to you on Saturday. If that doesn't work for you, let me know.

That Sail looks interesting also.

Puts:

Full Tins;
C&D elegant Emu
C&D Consolation (older tin about to burst)
McCranie's Red Ribbon (1996)

Partial Tins;
Bufflehead Decoy 12/2003 (For Sampling)
C&D Cherry Jubilee (nice burley flavor for sampling or trade)

Takes:

Full Tins;
Sunset Harbor Flake
Cut Virginia Plug
Margate

Sampled:
Maduro Cut Cake (Thank You so Very Much MikeM and GL Pease!)
G&H Sweet Rum Twist
C&D Epiphany
Arcadia Mixture
Peter Henrichs 312

MikeM, thanks for sponsoring this pass. Thank You to all the participants for making it such a joy. Even with my big cellar, there is always something new to try. :sunny:

You know what sucks about this pass? Carlos is behind me on both boxes and I can't raid his goodies! :lol: I'm gonna slip Mike a twenty next time to make sure he puts me right behind Carlos 8)

All right,fellas,I'm ready!Have to clean a couple pipes,and I purchased a Radice and a Don Carlos last week.....overtime has broken up and I am good at the dojo;I see several days of sampling coming!
Good passes,all;this is always a blast.Rock on!!!!Tony

Sweet! Tony's preparing to lock the bunker door behind him! :twisted: We'll send for help if we don't hear from you in a few days. Don't forget the safety harness!

The west coast box has landed! More tomorrow.....Tony :pipe: :pipe: :pipe: :pipe: :pipe: :pipe: :pipe: :pipe: :pipe: :pipe: :pipe: :pipe: :pipe: :pipe:

The East Coast Babylonian Big Box arrived in Apex, NC in all of it's bulky splender at approximately 5:30 PM today!

AHhhhhh........the arommmaaa.................

Nice knowing you fine folks! I'll be taking the red eye to Jamaica........... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That box will cost you about a 1000 to get through Jamaican customs. Very tobacco unfriendly place down there.

puros_bran":i8mlzin7 said:
That box will cost you about a 1000 to get through Jamaican customs. Very tobacco unfriendly place down there.
Not a problem PB..........I got connections down there!

Midnight Blues":i8mlzin7 said:
Now JP, don't be shy, there should be a few tins that will put a smile on your face!
Thanks Dan! I have had a smile on my face since approximately 5:30 PM this afternoon. Just the awesome aroma that is filling my home right now is enough to make any tobacco enthusiast smile!

I could not decide what to smoke right away so being the redneck that I am and given that I started chewing tobacco on a daily basis when I was about 8-9 years old I just couldn't resist cutting a plug off of the G&H Black Cherry. A rather tasty chew to say the least. Probably a little different twist on the usual sampling process!

I have decided to smoke some G&H Broken Scotch cake to start my smoking sampling.

Tony;

I see from several of your posts that you like SOTE. It's a blend that I've always wanted to try. I'm 2 passes away from you. Any chance you'd put a bowl full in the box with my name on it?

Thanks.

My tongue is beyond scorched-it hurts to talk!I LOVE box passes......
PUTS:2 oz "2005" Star of the East
2 oz Lancer's Slices(sample bag looked low)
<2 oz(opened tin) Embarcadero
Full tin Margate marked 2/2005
Full tin Maltese Falcon
TAKES:Full tin Royal Jersey
SAMPLED:Bullseye Flake
Cut Maduro Cake
Bufflehead Decoy
Sweet Rum Twist(Satan smokes this....)
Wessex Burley Slices
I don't think I'll smoke any more twists or ropes.Ever.I got sick this time-too much for Tony!
Can you still get the Bufflehead???I think the burn started there,but it was a very tasty blend,I'd like to keep some around.
The Cut Maduro Cake will be cellared,as soon as it is let out....
I like the Bullseye Flake too.
BabsII will be bound for Kansas tomorrow afternoon,Thanks Guys for letting me play!
Respectfully-Tony

Great pass Tony. Thanks for adding the bulks and samples. Unfortunately Bufflehead is no longer available. He made some great blends. Carlos was smart enough to really stock up before he quit blending. Bufflehead made some great English blends like Emporer Goose and Snow Goose, two of my favorites.