Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony, Buffleheads are only available from cellars now. There was two 8oz tins and two 2oz tins on ASP this week. I am getting the two 2oz tins. Virginia Ruddy Duck and Red Head Decoy. Great stuff.

Forgive me folks, I am a day behind Tony. I will post my pass tomorrow and have the box in the mail by Friday.

It's all good!

East Coast Pass - Justpipes

Puts

4 oz. Sealed Tin - Old Gowrie (7 yr. old)
50g Sealed Tin - Poul Stanwell Jubilee

For trade or sample
2.5 oz. - Pipe & Pint House VA blend (well aged - good stuff!)
3 oz. - C&D Epiphany (compliments of Bob Runowski)
1.75 oz. - Escudo Navy Deluxe
1 oz. - Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky (well aged)
1.5 oz. - C&D Old Joe Krantz
3 oz. - Bob's Chocolate Flake (well aged)
3 oz. - C&D Star Of the East

Takes

2 oz. Sealed Tin - Maltese Falcon
Sampled - G&H Broken Scotch Cake
Sampled - Maltese Falcon
Sampled - Pipeandcigars.com Trout Stream
Sample for later - Peter Heinrick No. 169

What an awesome experience! :D Thank's for letting me participate. I can't wait until the West Coast box arrives!

The East Coast box will be heading West first thing in the morning. I will post the confirmation number tomorrow evening.

Again, thanks!!! :D

Mark

I will be waiting on the porch swing for babs(may be in the tent next to it, I think there are enough blankets and coffey to wait out the postman;) ....) eagerly awaiting the beloved box-o-weedage.
Brady

Hey!! Nice pass Tony and JP! 8) I'm looking forward to trying that Dark strong Kentucky.

The West Coast Box is heading West again;USPS delivery confirmation receipt #0306 1070 0005 4465 7552.Once again,these passes are a blast for me,makes me feel good to participate.Tony

mdmiller5":f296637q said:
Nice pass Mark.

It looks like TJ and Cigargod are up next. The East box is headed West now. TJ will be the first person who gets to see the pass twice.
The box should be in route as we speak. East Coast Big BABS is headed West!!!!! I came very close to having to upgrade to a larger box!

Confirmation #0307 1790 0002 4384 8400.

TJ, you should receive the box no later than Tuesday. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey! You guys save Puff Daddy a sample of the Dark Strong Kentucky!

Tony;

Also, thanks for stocking up the Lancers Slices. It's a tobacco that I've always wanted to try, but don't see stocked around here. I recall that Mike was or did put in a sample for me.

Nice pass boys, JP enjoy that Maltese Falcon thats some very special stuff, I look forward to seeing what a year or two in the tin will offer.

Midnight Blues":3lva9tiy said:
Nice pass boys, JP enjoy that Maltese Falcon thats some very special stuff, I look forward to seeing what a year or two in the tin will offer.
Midnight,

Maltese Falcon is some awesome stuff! I had the opportunity to try it at last month's club meeting and when I saw it in the box, sorry folks, I just couldn't pass it up for my take! I will savor it. I have never smoked a Latakia blend quite....actually not at all like it. It is without a doubt one of the smoothest blends that I have ever smoked...it comes awfully close to being almost as good as "The Satisfier" (Walnut)! :shock: :D :lol: :shock: :D :lol:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist that opportunity to plug my all time favorite blend!

Thanks!

FYI for the west box:

I've come to realize the bag I used for the Ynidje Supreme doesn't hold moisture. I just grabbed some bags out of a drawer full and apparently they must be freezer bags. I came to this conclusion when I went to go for a sample I pulled and it was completely dry.

I think I may have used the same bags for the open tins of Hamborger Veermaster and Arcadia, so you may want to replace those bags whenever you get the chance.

The East Coast box, from NC, hit the front porch today at 3:30 pm. Man that's over three thousand miles. It is sitting on my kitchen counter,,,,,yet to be opened. It is a little battle worn. Kinda mushed up a little,,,,,maybe purple heart stuff,,,,,no bronze star, but close. Ty, the IED sniffin Border Collie, will check it out before I go in. It will definitely need a new box so I'll open it with my saws-all.

I will report on the condition of the contents as soon as I crack the sarcophagous.

Thanks Leroy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,er,,, uh,,, Mark. I'm spectin to find a long, big ass whuppin cigar.

tj

Holy Shiite!

Aside from two small sheets of bubble wrap, this thing is solid tobacco.

There are so many zip-lock samples that no other packaging was needed for protection. Just plain BAB's fat.

The smell is incredible and is wafting through the whole house.

There is NO damage,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,luckily, there was a large bag of Walnut body armor that absorbed most of crunching,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a tobacco Hum-Vee.

tj,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,in sensory overload.

Is this a sin?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think so!

Since Bill and Hill disclosed their tax returns, it is only democratic that the free world is made aware of what's in this thing.

SEALED TINS
Paul Stanwall Jubilee
Sam Gawith Full Virginia Flake
GLP Haddo's Delight
Sam Gawith Chocolate Flake
Sam Gawith St. James Flake
Sam Gawith Christmas Mixture 2007
Rattray Old Gowrie
John Aylesbury Latakia Blend
McClelland Royal Cajun
Peterson Sunset Breeze

OPEN TINS
Peter Heinricks No. 169
McClelland Domincan Glory
GLP Embarcadero
Mac-Baren Honey & Chocolate
Sam Gawith 1792
Tobacco Galleria Rum & Maple (pouch)

ZIP LOCK SAMPLES
John Middleton Walnut (red neck variety)
Larus and Bro. Four Seasons
McClelland 5100
Dunhill 965
Edgeworth Ready Rubbed
Lancers Slices
Sam Gawith Black Rope
Watch City Cigar Co. Hampton Roads
Russ Oullette's Strike Force
Murray's Dunhill London Mixture
McClelland Virginia #22
G & H Black Cherry Rope
McClelland St. James Flake
Peterson Irish Flake
Escudo Navy Deluxe
Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky
C&D Epiphany
C&D Old Joe Krantz
Pipe & Pint House VA
C&D SOTE
Bob's Chocolate Flake
Paul Bonaquisti's Park Lane Shop blends # 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,12,15, (described as being mostly English)
McClelland #2030
Black Bayou Mist
Bullseye Flake
GLP Maltese Falcon
GLP Maduro Cut Cake
Trout Stream
G&H Broken Scotch Cake

WOW WOW WOW

Where do I start?

You guys are incredible.

Has anyone bothered to thank Mike yet?

Thanks Mike.

Now on to sampling.

tj,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,safety harness on.

I have opened a WordPerfect file to post my sampling to. I will take the full six days and smoke nothing BUT box pass stuff. After which I'll post here. MAYBE I'll send the box on to Puff Daddy. Maybe not.

Starting sample is GLP Maduro Cut Cake. How can it NOT be first?

tj