Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm doing this out of order but I had the time today so I thought I'd post it now.

Puts:
Tins- Samuel Gawith's Golden Glow (new Virginia blend), Germain's Royal Jersey Perique, Wessex Campaign Dark Flake
Sample- Samuel Gawith's Golden Glow

Takes:
Tins- Wessex Burley Slice, CAO Patriot Flake, Ashton's Winding Road

I'll post all my samples later. :lol:

Well I am finally feeling alittle better and I was going to smoke this stuff ready or not. luckily I am at about 80% health. That cold stuff going around will take a man down for a few days. I dug to the belly of babs and pulled out the Bullseye Flake. I rubbed it out fairly well and packed on the loose side. It lit very eazy and satayed lit. I am not a huge perque fan but with the black cavendish (and I suspect a little casing too) it makes a wounderful light and sweet tasting vaper kind of blend. I seemed to enjoy it more in the second half of the bowl which is where I noticed the only change at all in the taste. It was like the volume knob got turned up one notch. Nothing drastic just a little kick. I might actually pick some of this stuff up. I did not think I would like it but I did! I would give it 3.5 stars out of 5.

-Jeff

OK, I got the labels I was waiting for in the mail last night so I will box everything up and get it in the mail. If I can't get to the PO tomorrow I will get it out the first thing on Saturday morning.

I smoked some Bullseye Flake Tuesday night and it was quite enjoyable. I'll post the rest of my tries later.

It's coming soon Lew!

J_Rock":a5jwbb35 said:
.... I dug to the belly of babs and pulled out the Bullseye Flake. I rubbed it out fairly well and packed on the loose side. It lit very eazy and satayed lit. I am not a huge perque fan but with the black cavendish (and I suspect a little casing too) it makes a wounderful light and sweet tasting vaper kind of blend. I seemed to enjoy it more in the second half of the bowl which is where I noticed the only change at all in the taste. It was like the volume knob got turned up one notch. Nothing drastic just a little kick. I might actually pick some of this stuff up. I did not think I would like it but I did! I would give it 3.5 stars out of 5.

-Jeff
Good to see both Jeff and Jason trying the Bullseye. It's one of my staples. I usually take a couple of coins and fold and stuff them in the pipe. It works for me. I like it as an "on the go" blend. If I'm heading out and not much time, I can load a couple of pipes in seconds.

:D Paul

Well, the sad day is upon me and I mailed babs to bigsmoker today. Tracking# 0307 3330 0001 4954 1807

Puts:
C&D Pirate Kake
Peterson Sunset Breeze

Takes:
C&D Epiphany
Low Country Santee

Sampled:
Bullseye Flake
Heinrichs #169
Embacadero
Broken Scotch Cake
Maduro Cut Cake
Lancer Slices

Thanks again to Mike for the great organization of this box pass!

-Jeff

Once again some great trading and sampling has been accomplished. Great job Jason and Jeff. Looks like I need to dig out my stash of Bullseye Flake and give it a try after reading everyones comments.

box has landed. I will post puts /takes in a few days and get this out by friday... This new GL Pease english is smooth :)

Puts

1 tin Esoterica Margate 50g 1998
1 Tin John Aselbury Latakia Blend 100 gram 2005
1 Tin MacBaren Vintage Syrian 100 gram 2007

1 4 oz Sample bag of Murray Dunhill 965
1 4oz Sample bag of McClelland 5100 2000 origin
1 open Tin 50grams(almost) mClelland dominican glory 1999

Takes

1 tin MCclelland katrini
1 Tin Low County cooper
1 tin Low Country Wacaamaw

Sampled

GH Broken Scotch Cake
Pease Embarcadero
Pease Maduro Cut Cake

Gl Pease has got a few winners there. I really am not a Pease fan in general but these are both smooth buttery and just plain good. Thanks for letting me in on this. Really enjoyed it and looking forward to the west box later on. The box will roll to Minnesota later today and will post tracking number when received.