Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, Babs is getting closer and closer to me again! Just in time for some spring weather! Looks like some great great stuff in there!

WooHoo! I'm next in line for the west box. Just in time too, been out of town for training the past two weeks and will be home for a while to enjoy it. I'll just sit here and patiently await eggman's delivery.

I see that I overlooked (i.e. forgot to post) a slight change in the rotation of the "West" box. JohnR who has participated in almost all of the previous Spring Forward passes has been added. Since he lives in Knoxville, TN I added him in the rotation between Eggman and Jeepernick. I apologize for neglecting my duties. Sorry Jeepernick but you will have to wait one more week. The good thing is that JohnR always puts some good blends in the box for trading (hint, hint ;) .

I have BAB East! Got home from a conference last night and it was there. I opened it up and spread out the contents but didn't get a chance to sample anything yet. I think it will be Dark Strong Kentucky tonight though.

Mike I got your PM. The extra stop won't be a problem. Not sure if you forgot to post or I lost track of which box was where. Still patiently awaiting the arrival of Babs West. Not sure what Im gonna do I still haven't tried all of the samples I took from the east box yet.

I finally got a chance to sit down and do some sampling last night. Dark Strong Kentucky is awesome. I was lucky enough to be gifted a tin from CP that I hadn't cracked yet. Nice to know I have many enjoyable smokes to look forward on that.

I think I may take the plunge and try some rope tonight if I get home early enough!

tin man":n2mlv5di said:
I discovered the bag of "mostly aged" goodies from Dock's personal stash. Uh-oh, here comes trouble. :mrgreen: I chose the "Well Aged Murray's Dunhill London Mixture" for my first sample from that bag. Wow! This was an excellent after dinner smoke. Fantastic. I don't normally have a bowl in the evening, but if I had this blend on hand it would be one of my occasional after dinner smokes.

I feel the same way about Maltese Falcon. Although MF is different than LM, it is also excellent in the evening after dinner, or after a late sunday lunch. It evokes mellow and cozy feelings of peace and contentment. The taste is very satisfying. (I have some MF in the cellar, aging a bit and at the ready. Cellaring the 2oz. tins of MF is a no brainer. Keep up the good work Greg!)

Anyway, back to the Murray's Dunhill London Mixture. Thanks for that special treat Dock. I'll be focusing on that "mostly aged" bag of goodies for the next day or two. It seems to be full of all kinds of neat stuff that I haven't tried yet. I'll check back in when I get a chance to come up for air.
Thrilled that you're enjoying it Tin! The London mix is about 8-10 years old as I recall.The new stuff just does'nt compare....

Best,
D.J.

Sampled:
1) Carter Hall, I really liked this blend going to get some this afternoon.
2) Epiphany, I really ejoyed this tobacco as well.
3) Old Ironsides, What can I say this blend is great.
4) Peter Hienrichs #312, I am definately going to have to find some of this blend. I really loved it.

Puts:
G.L. Pease Haddo's Delight

Takes:
McCranies Red Ribbon

Thanks Mike for putting this pass on. It has been alot of fun watching it play out so far. So know the box moves on to JohnR. I will post tracking number in a bit after I get back from the post office.

Very good pass Eggman!

Carter Hall is not a bad burley blend at all and it is readily available. It comes in the pouch and the 12 oz. tub.

TJ keeps a lot of it around, maybe he would sell you a couple of tubs at a discount!

Thanks JP. Maybe that was why in the last pass TJ was giving everyone in the pass a free tin of his stash. So he could enjoy some of his aged Carter Hall. I went this afternoon to the store that has had it on the shelf for several years and they did not have it anymore. All they have now is moist snuff ,cigarettes, chewing tobacco and a few garetts snuff.Guess I will have to check out Wal Mart laterand see if they have it.

I just had to get a piece of the rope out of the box right before I closed it up. Man this tobacco is good. I loaded it in the 2004 stokers haven meer.I have really enjoyed the flavor and strength of this tobacco.it is definately a blend I would buy and smoke in the evening every so often.

I also took a sample of artisians blend for later too. maybe fire that up tomorrow.

The box is on it's way to Lew.

0306 2400 0003 2222 0514

Puts:
Rattary's Marlin Flake
Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake
GLPease Cumberland

Takes:
Dunhill Light Flake
SG Full Virginia Flake
GLPease Haddo's Delight

Samples:
I wrote them down on the slip but don't remember them all...
I will say I sampled more than I usually do and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Well done Huggie,

Why did you not put in a tin of Laurel Flake? I was going to, but, it wouldn't have made past those damned Daniels boys. Nothing ever does!

Nice pass Jason! Just got in from a 9-hour trip, great news to hear Babs is on her way! Now I am just hoping it gets here before I get called for another run so I don't have to delay my sampling for another day! Can't wait!

Wife sent text message a few minutes ago... "extremely heavy box from [eggman] arrived". Whooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Why did I go to work today of all days? :no: Can't wait til 5:30!!!!! :bounce:

Hmmm... has Babs gone camping yet? Taking off for the mountains Friday for a 3 day tent excursion and fly fishing (trout) trip. If Babs ain't up to the trip I'm sure something will go along with me.

Best,
JohnR :pipe:

JohnR":ox2hu3hb said:
Hmmm... has Babs gone camping yet? Taking off for the mountains Friday for a 3 day tent excursion and fly fishing (trout) trip. If Babs ain't up to the trip I'm sure something will go along with me.

Best,
JohnR :pipe:
Just make sure the bears don't get her and she is wearing a life vest while fishing and she should be fine.