Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man what a perfect day! Called at 7am to put together a 103-car corn train in absolutely perfect May weather, back at the home terminal by 6pm, a delicious steak dinner and a Boulevard at one of the watering holes, and then I get home to a huge white box reeking of Latakia! I thought the first box I got had a lot of stuff, I can't believe this one! Can't wait to get into it, though I think it will take a week's paycheck to mail it!

:D :D :D :D :D :cheers:

OK, I admit that like most everyone else on this list I was skeptical of Justpipes penchant for Walnut, but since I had heard so much about it and it was there in the box, I had to give it a test drive. I grabbed a Dr. Grabow "Freehand" (which, for a Grabow actually is a really nicely sandblasted pipe) that spent two summers smoldering blends such as Prince Albert and Carter Hall while out spraying weeds from here to Texas.

I must say, I am impressed. Flavorful, rich, it isn't bitter or sloppy. In fact it's just a good ol' downhome blend. Indeed there is truth behind Justpipes adoration for Walnut. Cheers! :cheers:

How qualified can a man be who spends weeks in the hot Texas sun spraying weeds with toxic chemicals? Sounds like Walnut finally finished the poor guy off.

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

lewtang":oqt7z4t3 said:
I must say, I am impressed. Flavorful, rich, it isn't bitter or sloppy. In fact it's just a good ol' downhome blend. Indeed there is truth behind Justpipes adoration for Walnut. Cheers! :cheers:
Thank you Lew!

You are a fine gentleman! :D :D :D

mdmiller5":h8mlcndt said:
Uh oh, that sound you here is the swelling of JP's head with pride. Good going gentleman.
No pride here....only adoration! :D :D :D

thomas james":asafedgt said:
How qualified can a man be who spends weeks in the hot Texas sun spraying weeds with toxic chemicals? Sounds like Walnut finally finished the poor guy off.
Maybe the chemicals have had an adverse affect on my taste buds.....how come everything tastes like I'm sucking air?? :mrgreen:

All Right I'm all finished up with Babs and the great stuff within! I'll be mailing it this morning and will post the tracking # later.

Puts: Christmas Cheer 2007
C&D Opening Night
Escudo Navy De Luxe

Takes: Christmas Cheer 2004
SG Best Brown Flake
Hamborger Veermaster

Sampled:
Dock's Ages Escudo
Dark Strong KY
London Mix
Embarcadero
Bob's Chocolate Flake
Dominican Glory
Walnut!

Babs is on her way Carlos!

I'll be watching. That gravel you hear in my voice started as a throat/ear infection/allergy thing. Really got it good. Hopefully I am on the mend good by the time it arrives.

A box landed here today. I think it's the East box. But I would have to check. Normally I would jump right in. But it may have to wait a day or two.

JohnR has the "West" Coast box in Knoxville TN. I will see what is going on with it, but I remember he went on a camping trip with his wife. Hope the bears didn't eat him :affraid: .

mdmiller5":3iuexqo7 said:
Hope the bears didn't eat him :affraid: .

I hope they didn't eat the box! Especially since I am next on the list. 8)

Patiently waiting :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I managed to carry the East box down to the cellar and open it. My sense of smell is so poor I could not tell what anything was and I really look forward to opening a boxpass for the smell.

There are several things I want to try. May load a few bowls sometime this week and wait until I can breath again to smoke them. Walking back upstairs about wiped me out.

Carlos, glad to see the box arrived safely!! Hope you start feeling better soon so you can actually enjoy what's inside! :pipe:

The West box must have made it through the camping trip fine as she arrived on my doorstep today. Lots of stuff in here I have been wanting to try.