Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I'm still wading through the box deciding what to sample first.

Decided to try some Embarcadero. I have a couple of tins of this in the cellar but couldn't convince myself to open a tin when I bought it. This will be one I will have to purchase more of in the future.

Next was some PA (I'm always reminded of the crank call when this is mentioned). Kind of one dimensional. Burned hot, not tongue bite hot, just hot. I might have been puffing too hard trying to coax more flavor from it.

Well off to bed, more sampling to come tomorrow. :D

Fellows, I am going to get the box off on Tuesday. Yeah, I know, a couple days late. I want to replace it. Still haven't sampled a thing. But I am feeling better every day. I want to get out in the sun today and maybe that will help some.

Just bag up some samples of what you wanted to try Carlos, smoke em when you feel better.

The box is probably way ahead of schedule anyhow, I wouldn't worry about being a couple days late.

Dropped Babs off at the post office this morning 0307 1790 0001 9794 4241.

Puts
Mac Baren - Symphony
Private Stock - English Oriental

Takes
Mac Baren - HH Vintage Syrian
C&D - Elegant Emu

Sampled
GL Pease - Embarcadero
Prince Albert
A&C Peterson - Escudo Navy De Lux

Samples For Later
Peter Heinrichs - 312
Middleton's - Carter Hall
GL Pease - Blackpoint
Two Friends - Deacons Downfall
McClelland - Yenidje Supreme
Dan Tobacco - Hamborger Veermaster

Carlos":m3422lsa said:
Fellows, I am going to get the box off on Tuesday. Yeah, I know, a couple days late. I want to replace it. Still haven't sampled a thing. But I am feeling better every day. I want to get out in the sun today and maybe that will help some.
Carlos, if you want to keep the box some more days until you feel better by all means do. At the least bag up some samples for a later date as Puff Daddy already suggested.

Great pass Jeepernick.

Thanks guys. Just really felt like heck on and off all week. Had a pretty good day. Weedwacked everything that I was behind on. Coughed a lot. But I really feel better having been out in the sun and sweated a bunch. I might try the pipe tomorrow afternoon, if things go well.

Nice pass Jeeper!

I feel your pain Carlos. I think I have a little bit of what you have and haven't felt like a pipe in a couple of days. Get well soon friend!

Well, the box is nice and full of goodies. I did try a few items. Not much success. Guess the taster isn't working well at the moment. Didn't feel much like playing I am afraid.

Sampled:

Russ Oullette's Strike Force
Aged Dunhill London Mixture
Watch City Cigar - Hampton Roads
G&H Cherry Twist

Put's: About 50g of Sturk's Balkan Mixture (Sturk's Tobacconist of South Africa)

Thanks all!

:D

Babs landed at my door today! This box is a mamoth!!! I cannot get over all the tobaccos for sampling!! :D

I am now going to sample Wessex Burley Slice!

Carlos,

I very rarely if ever get sick but I think I have what you described that you have. I have been sick as a dog since last Thursday and I only worked a 1/2 day today. I am not planning to go to the office at all tomorrow. If I do anything it will be here at the house. I haven't smoked a pipe in almost a week and sure as heck don't feel like smoking one right now!

I hope you are getting well!

I see the Doc today. I finally got sick and tired of the blocked ear, ringing, coughing, & Sugar-Free Halls cough drops. I have taken absolutely everything in the medicine cabinet. I thought I would have a pipe last night and just about got some flavor out of a bowl of EMP in a BoB 2008 forum pipe.

Hope I didn't include any of my germs in the boxpass.

Maybe it's allergies. Here in the midwest, everything is blooming like it hasn't done so in years. Unreal the amount of flowers, even on the trees.

The pollen count is exceptionally high,tis true.Looking forward to receiving this box.I go in today at 1130 to see what they're going to do about this #@$$#@# kidney stone,hopefully I will have a clear mind and a couple days off to enjoy this one!
Amazing how difficult it is to put illness out of the mind.I cannot imagine trying to smoke with the sinuses messed up.Hope the doc treats you well,Carlos.This pain I have makes me weak;I feel like a sissy until I recall my Dad being laid low by it-he is one of the greatest generation and the toughest man I ever met;no pain pills even after a triple bypass back when they jacked the chest open.The mind can override anything for a time,but snufflies and smoking would be tough!
OK,pipes clean,matches handy,plenty of pipecleaners,coffee,new stereo,green outside,Let it rock!!
Respectfully,Tony

I hope that you both Tony and Carlos get well and some relief. Sorry you were not able to enjoy the box Carlos.

I know what you are talking about Tony when it comes to Kidney Stones. I have a good friend who I always considered one of the toughest men I have ever met. It laid him low so bad that we thought he was having a heart attack. It took him to his knees. Luckily it was treatable and he is doing great today living to a ripe old age (he is in his seventies now and still one tough old bird).

I havent been following this at all. Which is good for the surprise factor . I assume i am up next after J Rock... What happened to Tom did he withdrawl? Im excited to be seeing the west box soon. Woohoo!!!

Bigsmoker, if you mean TJ in California he has seen the box twice now. I have been wondering where TJ has been lately. Haven't seen him posting as of late. Hope everything is well with him and the family.

I'm not in on the box pass, but I sure get a kick out of following them around the country and reading the mini reviews. Possibly in the future, and Mike did send me a small 'box pass', which was huge, that he made up for beginners. Just had a lightening strike about a block away, think I'll log off. Thanks again Mike.

Bd

Never Forget!