First successful transplant

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GarWood

Reaction score
I've been mucking around with old Kaywoodies for about a year and a half now. Every time I come across one with a cut off stinger, I go to my collection of chewed-up stems with intact stingers. (Wow, how many different configurations did they make?) I finally came up with an unlikely match. The donor was one of those "streamlined" Kaywoodies, and the patient was an otherwise nice Hand Made SuperGrain. I used a heat gun to gently heat up the stems, unscrewed the stingers, then put the good stinger in the good stem. Sorry, this first shot is pretty fuzzy...

Post-op:

Aahhhh, but Garwood, were they voluntary donors with legal donor cards, that had passed naturally and wanted their organs to help others, or were these those shady, dead of night, illegal harvesting of stingers that the press reports of? I'd like to see your license, sir!!! :mrgreen:

Natch

Natch":smg6l8j8 said:
Aahhhh, but Garwood, were they voluntary donors with legal donor cards, that had passed naturally and wanted their organs to help others, or were these those shady, dead of night, illegal harvesting of stingers that the press reports of? I'd like to see your license, sir!!! :mrgreen:

Natch
As my fellow Michigander, Dr. Kevorkian would say: "License, schmicense!" :lol!:

Oh yeah, I forgot - it's turned out to be a pretty good smoker, too :face: