First time snuffing

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
juanmedusa":32qo0hew said:
Thanks d&b, that's just what I was looking for.
You bet.

Of the handful of orders I have placed and from samples that have been given to me, my favorites so far are

Poschl Gawith Apricot - Not at all like S Gawith Apricot. This one is dried apricot and strong menthol. My all time fav.
F&T - French Carotte
Toque Honey & Whiskey
Toque Natural Toast
Wilson's Ice Licorice
Wilson's Crumbs of Comfort
Viking Dark

Happy Snuff Hunting! :D

I just starting my snuff hobby yesterday as well. I went to a Tinderbox, and found some silverdollar Spearmint. It was all they had, so I tried it, and figured out I liked it, and put in an order on Mister Snuff.
1 x Rockit Fuel Mint Tin 5g (for the wife)
1 x Poschl Schmalzler SF Sudfrucht 25g (banana Bomb..heard this stuff was really good and quiet moist)
1 x Tiger Cola 10g
1 x Toque Blueberry 10g (really looking forward to this)

hopefully it will get here soon, and ill post something or a video update.

I too just tried snuff for the first time today, thanks to this thread! :twisted: 

I picked up Silverdollar cherry and wintergreen from my local B&M, and I am in love. The wintergreen cleared my sinuses ENTIRELY out. The cherry leaves a very nice smell in my nose and taste in my mouth.

I'll have to get some things from Mr.Snuff next paycheck for sure. Any suggestions gents?

Draagha":l3blhudz said:
Any suggestions gents?
Lots of spot on suggestions in Kaiser's thread - http://brothersofbriar.forumotion.com/t18200-my-snuff-stash-retitled-thread

Dependent upon what flavors you enjoy, if I were to make my first big purchase all over again, and considering the time it takes a Mr. Snuff order to arrive, I would start with a handful of the classics like McCrystal's Original & Genuine or WoS Crumbs of Comfort, both of these are great but I love mentholated snuffs, albeit Crumbs is spearmint rather than menthol. My two favorite mentholated snuffs are Poschl Gawith Apricot & WoS Ice Licorice. With Poschl if you like the menthol but don't care for the apricot their Ozona Presidente is nice.

I would also grab at least one or two toasts. Lot's of folks recommend F&T High Dry Toast, but I prefer Toque Natural. For a flavored snuff that's on the dry side Toque Honey & Whiskey is awesome but does require careful application. I love latakia and found Viking Dark to be flat out amazing. Anyway I could rattle off a bunch - F&T French Carotte, Toque Lime Toast, WoS Rose of Sharrow, Abraxas Cafe 11... There are so many flavors, some are wild, some are great and some out there are just nasty but a great snuff is an amazing thing and can be quite invigorating.

Good luck.

I enjoy both cherry and spearmint equally, but for different reasons.

The mint REALLY clears the sinuses and thats a plus for me as my nose gets stuffy often.

The cherry just smells good and give me a bigger buzz with less facial distortion, haha.

On payday I will be putting in an order for 2 metal bullets, WoS Chocolate, Guarana Boost &CrumbsOfComfort, and Poschl Gawith Apricot.

Draagha":opyy98xf said:
On payday I will be putting in an order for 2 metal bullets, WoS Chocolate, Guarana Boost &CrumbsOfComfort, and Poschl Gawith Apricot.
Some good choices there. I have never used a bullet, be sure to report back on those as well as what you think of those flavors. Chocolate's a good choice. That and coffee are flavors that I feel work nicely with a foundational tobacco tone, so I would imagine the WoS Chocolate would be quite good.

DrumsAndBeer":ttae8iiu said:
I have never used a bullet, be sure to report back on those as well as what you think of those flavors.
I definitely will post something about my first fancy snuff purchase. :twisted: 

Draagha":z2nc1dsm said:
DrumsAndBeer":z2nc1dsm said:
I have never used a bullet, be sure to report back on those as well as what you think of those flavors.
I definitely will post something about my first fancy snuff purchase. :twisted: 
I've used a bullet before. Turns out I prefer the back of my hand.

As mentioned above, McCrystal's OaG (Lemon and Mint sooooo good) and Poschl Gawith Apricot are highly recommended.

Skip the bullets and get the plastic snuff box. I have four of the metal bullets and now they just sit.