Four years of lurking

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris

Reaction score
I realised today that I have been lurking here since January 2008 and have never posted anything or put up my profile. I have however learnt a great deal from reading the posts here. So many thanks for that and here is an intro.

I first smoked a pipe when I was 16 - a dodgy Tyrolean pipe picked up while skiing packed with either Condor or St Bruno. That did not work out.

Tried again in the mid-1980s as a result of spending a lot of time in Copenhagen where it seemed everyone smoked pipes. That was more successful and I picked up some great pipes there and also a few Fribourg & Treyer straight grains in England when their shop closed down. That lasted for a while but I didn't really know what I was doing - no informative websites back in those days. In fact no web at all! That came to a definite end when I was burgled and my pipe bag containing all of my pipes was amongst the items stolen.

Started again in December 2007 - third time lucky. Fortunately I discovered sites like this one and was able to pick up a great deal of information. The pipe smoking has been intermittent and mingled with cigars but I am now making efforts to wean myself off cigars apart from the occasional very decent one.

I was mainly smoking Balkan / English / Oriental blends but then discovered Grousemoor which has been a favourite ever since. I recently started checking out the Gawith Hoggarth Lakelnad Flakes and have fallen in love with Ennerdale.

So that is about it apart from one question. When I decided to put together my profile I discovered that I had originally signed up using what is now an obsolete email address but I cannot find a way to change that. Does anyone have the answer to that?

I hope that I may become a more useful member in the future rather than simply lurking and absorbing all of the great info here.

Welcome to non-lurkerdom! I hope you enjoy posting as much as visiting, and that someone can help with the email problem.

"T"

It seems my usual "welcome aboard" would seem like a guest at a party welcoming the host, so let me just say I'm pleased to finally make your acquaintance. :D

Thanks for joining in..looking forward to your insights..