FREE STONE HEAVING

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Weiss

Reaction score
...no, I'm not giving away stonehaven.

I just wanted to comment and write further.

...now everyone is going to know the secret of getting "hard-to-find" tobacco, and it really will be hard to find. :bom: 

Good of you to give away stuff, though. :heart:

Please. Everyone feel free to talk about their Stonehaven here, though. Personally, I wasn't too keen on the stuff, and never could figure out why. Must be an Esoterica thing with me.

Viva la BoB

8)

I really do feel that SH has a good flavor to it. Oddly, the stuff seems to have an almost non-existent room note. While that shouldn't bother me as the smoker, it was strangely off putting.

StonePut.jpg

Gave away an aged tin with i bowl gone (the one I tried).

Tasted like greasy rubber.

IMO.

:face:

idbowman":kcfnymqw said:
Every year the Scottish Games Festival comes to the fair grounds of the town I live in. The Stone Heaving is not free. In fact ticket prices are pretty darn high. Good place to buy a kilt though, and feel free to sample the haggis while you're there...:no: 

Tried it back when it was plentiful, never cared much for it. The much sought after Penzance either, for that matter.

I haven't tried it, and unless it suddenly becomes super easy to find, I probably won't. I'm just a pipe smoker, not Captain Ahab.

Yak":x0etldxi said:
Tasted like greasy rubber.:
It's troubling that you can identify the taste of greasy rubber.

And D&B, I've had haggis several times - DELICIOUS (even if that blue-green, sad-face, head-shaking emoticon disagrees).

Darn, not enough greasy rubber in my diet so I rushed over to 4noggins to acquire some but the 8oz bag they offered for $100 was sold. Evidently someone richer or dumber than me with a greasy rubber addiction.

idbowman":6920zzsw said:
And D&B, I've had haggis several times - DELICIOUS (even if that blue-green, sad-face, head-shaking emoticon disagrees).
Maybe I haven't had the right haggis. ;) The few times I have had it, I found the smell to be overwhelming.