From a Mark Tinsky Kit

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm amazed at the quality work some of you guys produce! That pipe is absolutely gorgeous!

So I'll ask you, too, just like I asked UberHuberMan - when are you taking commissions???

Seems like an appropriate place to add my second pipe from a Tinsky kit. This one was done as a pipe and knife combo. The pipe was started with an oversized, plateaux topped Prince in mind...but as always with me, took on other nuances re: design. Note the peak or ridge that runs down from rim toward the stem and out onto the stem and even the ring...very pronounced at the top and growing less so as it descends. The knife is done from a blade which has a progressive temper, meaning the edge is super hard Rc63 and is less hard as you move away from the edge toward the spine. The materials are a nickle silver guard, brass and black paper micarta spacers (as on the pipe stem), Macassar Ebony, Reindeer Antler (incised design matches pipe) and a buttcap of plateaux briar (again, as on the pipe).

The stain is two part, using Feibing's Leather Dye, first dark brown, sanded down with 400 grit and then mahogany. Buffed with white rouge and then waxed with carnuba on 6" muslin wheels.

PipeandKnifeProjects029.jpg

PipeandKnifeProjects012.jpg

PipeandKnifeProjects021.jpg

PipeandKnifeProjects016.jpg

PipeandKnifeProjects042.jpg