Funky Baccy?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Straw

Reaction score
Ever have a load of tobacco come in that smells different from normal?

I ask because I just got in 2 bags of Stonehaven, and while one smells like it normally does, the other smells kind of funky. Not moldy, but just...funky. I'm not sure how to describe it.

Is it probably fine?

I don't have any personal experience with it but I've heard a lot of people talk about inconsistencies with esoterica tobaccos. Might just be a funky batch.

jhuggett":qp6x0crc said:
I don't have any personal experience with it but I've heard a lot of people talk about inconsistencies with esoterica tobaccos. Might just be a funky batch.
I've had that experience with Esoterica blends twice. Once a whole 8 oz. of Penzance well sealed in a Mason jar went moldy on me within a few months. The other was also a Stonehaven 8 ounce Mylar package that when opened, smelled foul, was hard as a rock, but smoked pretty good!

Natch

Well, I did set aside a bowl of the funky stuff to smoke (I have another open jar of stonehaven), I'll see how it tastes. I will also take it back out of its jars and let it air out a bit on some paper towels.

I opened an older tin of C&D, I think either bow legged bear or black frigate, it smelled like rotting garbage on a compost heap in the midday heat of summer.... :pale:

Think I smoked a bowl anyways...don't remember what it tasted like but I don't remember it being bad :lol!: