Germaine group buy

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarheel7734

Reaction score
OK what was ordered and received has been shipped out to everyone on the group buy. Contacted my supplier about getting more and will probably be 3 to 5 months on the brown flake. I can get 30 more Tina of special Latakia flake and tins of medium flake. Let me know if you guys want to do an order for these.

I have to order them by the kilo. So 18 tins shipped to me comes out to around 17 per tin plus shipping to you. This past batch I had 36 tins spoken for pretty quick and takes 14 days to get from Europe. I don't need any this round so if I can get enough people it is a go. Shipping for 4 is around 6.80 and more than 4 is between 10-13.00 priority mail. I was able to get someone 10 tins shipped to him for 180.00

It's a bit spendy for me at this time, and frankly the only one I'd be interested in is the Rich Dark Flake. And even then, I had the opportunity to try this courtesy of another generous member here on BoB (thanks brother - you know who you are).

Heard it was similar to Stonehaven, and nope it wasn't. Although an enjoyable enough bowl in its own. But I won't be chasing this.

Tried out the Brown Flake and I didn't get on with it. Many do apparently.

So as far as Germain goes, I've looked at the other offerings and it doesn't seem likely we'll come together anytime soon.

Just me and my tastes, not dissing Germain in any way, shape, or form.

;)

Cheers,

RR

I want in on this so badly that I can hardly stand it, but it is, unfortunately, a bit too rich for me at the moment. Sometimes I wish I had a normal, paid profession, but, alas, that is not my vocational calling.
atomic.gif

If you end up a couple short, I may force the issue.

Can you get Rich Dark Flake?

The sample I tried was, I thought, similar to Stonehaven, but it was not in the original packaging.

Todd

taharris":xhl3znz3 said:

The sample I tried was, I thought, similar to Stonehaven, but it was not in the original packaging.

Todd
I'm pretty sure RDF is only sold in bulk and not in any sort of tin.

Brewdude":5dnhup6o said:
It's a bit spendy for me at this time, and frankly the only one I'd be interested in is the Rich Dark Flake. And even then, I had the opportunity to try this courtesy of another generous member here on BoB (thanks brother - you know who you are).

Heard it was similar to Stonehaven, and nope it wasn't. Although an enjoyable enough bowl in its own. But I won't be chasing this.

So as far as Germain goes, I've looked at the other offerings and it doesn't seem likely we'll come together anytime soon.

;)

Cheers,

RR
Rande, if you haven't considered it already their Perique Mixture might be worth a sniff? One of my faves.

joshoowah":a8gboy2g said:
taharris":a8gboy2g said:

Todd
What's the down side?

Bulk would be fine with me.

Todd

taharris":ju55tgb5 said:
joshoowah":ju55tgb5 said:
taharris":ju55tgb5 said:

Todd
What's the down side?

Bulk would be fine with me.

Todd
Shipping bulk internationally is a bit risky last I checked.

joshoowah":0c9mgl6m said:
taharris":0c9mgl6m said:

Todd
Yes, and only in the UK, so far as I know.

Stick":24c2frnw said:
Brewdude":24c2frnw said:

;)

Cheers,

RR
Rande, if you haven't considered it already their Perique Mixture might be worth a sniff?  One of my faves.
Not to rain on your parade mate, but the reviews do not inspire me with confidence. At least from those whom I identify with and trust.

And of course I should try some for myself to decide, goes without saying. It's just that from what I've read, this doesn't sound like something that would wow me. No offence if it's one of your go-to's.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":2f37uekp said:
Stick":2f37uekp said:
Brewdude":2f37uekp said:

;)

Cheers,

RR
Rande, if you haven't considered it already their Perique Mixture might be worth a sniff?  One of my faves.
Not to rain on your parade mate, but the reviews do not inspire me with confidence. At least from those whom I identify with and trust.

And of course I should try some for myself to decide, goes without saying. It's just that from what I've read, this doesn't sound like something that would wow me. No offence if it's one of your go-to's.

Cheers,

RR
None taken matey. One man's meat is another man's poison, if that's how the saying goes!

Stick":otr4onhp said:
None taken matey. One man's meat is another man's poison, if that's how the saying goes!
In the states we say One man's trash is another man's treasure.

But I like your version better. :D

Todd