gh&co.'s brown irish twist vs sam gawith's brown rope #4

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juanmedusa

Reaction score
I smoke many gh&co flakes and their brown Irish and black cherry twists. I currently remembered that the little jar of sliced up brown twist I am currently smoking is in fact Sam gawith's brown rope #4. I must have picked it up randomly at some point as I usually order gh&co. products, their availability being one of their assets. It got me to thinking though, I am confident the two products are similar to some degree but I've never compared them directly. I will likely smoke a bunch of the black cherry twist between this batch of Sam gawith rope before I smoke the gh&co. Irish twist again and I only smoke ropes interspersed between the tobacco's I smoke more regularly anyways. So the question is raised, which product do you prefer between the two and why? I would say the gh&co. product for myself at this point if only because I smoke gh&co. flakes primarily and would order it together in an online purchase.

Smoking Brown #4 will definitely kick yer arse in no uncertain terms!

:shock: 

No experience with the G&H ropes. But there again I avoid Lakelands and fruit flavored blends

Cheers,

RR

I have a bunch of GH & co brown pigtail, it's basically thin brown rope with a light virginia leaf wrapper rather than the oily dark wrapper. Pretty stout stuff. Small bowls gently sipped and you're OK.

Both are remarkably good IMO (the brown irish & the no.4 that is), though lately I've been reaching for the 10mm pigtails more often than the 20mm twists.

I can smoke the GH ropes. Low and slow in my clay pipe & I am good. The two SG's I have had Brown Rope #4 and Black XX gave me a good case of the niccups a 1/4 of the way down the bowl and left me feeling unwell. IMHO, those two are the deadly twins of rope tobacco.

I don't think I've ever tried the SG ropes, but GH Brown Irish X is one of my regular smokes. Sooooo good.