GL Pease variation

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosin1932

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I've only smoked a few tins of GL Pease, Haddo's delight, and Six pence. I loved them both from the first bowl and finished them in record time. I ordered another 2 oz tin of six pence before I really stocked up and it tastes completely different from the first tin. It has noticeably less flavor and Is an all around dissapointment.

I didn't have any of the first tin left though, so I assumed it was my taste and/or the weather changing. I did have some Haddo's delight left so I ordered another tin and cracked it open and the same thing happened.

Now I could directly compare them and the new Haddo's delight was noticebly different in moisture, texture and flavor. I actually prefered it to the first tin of Haddos, but the difference is obvious.

Being not well-versed in Pease blends, is it my imagination, or has anyone else experinced this? The tins were all from 2023, the Haddo's tin were both from the same month. I'm bummed because the first tin of six pence was like ambrosia, and I haven't even touched the new one after smoking about an ounce.

Any imput is appreciated!

I have seemed to notice that phenomenon with not only G.L. Pease blends, but also the C & D ones that I tried over the years. As, for the most part, I have not noticed it with other brands I would suppose I didn't dream it.

I would agree with you Bud, however this is not age but air we are talking about. New C&D stuff is normally pretty harsh to my btaste buds until it has been aired for a while. Aging is a much longer process.

Well, fine tobaccos are much like fine wines: they need some age on them to perform their best. I wish I could say the same for myself.
My too bud lol!
I like some tobacco fresh out of the can though, Orlik Golden slices is better fresh than aged in my opinion, when I'm in the mood for some fresh and citrusy Virginia. Sixpence and Hado's Delight might taste better with some age, and I intended to cellar a bunch of them, but the problem is that 2 tins of each blend made in the same month tasted noticeably different from each other. You can't know that aging makes a difference if there's no baseline to compare it to.