Going back to Cali.....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatman

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
I am heading to Los Angeles in mid March, to attend the wedding of my oldest daughter. Should be a fun filled trip!

Sounds like a fun trip... I have a daughter getting married in July in Portland, OR, that'll be my fun trip... May get to toss bugs in the Deschutes!

Congrats! I have a question to you Fathers of the Bride. Is your future son in laws family splitting the cost of the wedding with you? The reason I ask is my son is getting married in June (the weekend of the KC show) and my wife has seen fit to split the cost. I always thought one of the few blessings of having two boys is that I wouldn't be on the hook for a wedding other than the traditional rehearsal dinner and honeymoon.
I had planned in my mind a full course dinner with cocktails, wine and generous honeymoon check but I've already spent plenty on the wedding. My wife is having a blast being in on everything but I hate spending money on anyone but myself. :shock:
P.S. I must be an old grump because going to a wedding surrounded by "friends" and relatives is anything but fun but a weekend to be endured.

Well, call me lucky. The wedding is a small outdoor affair. I am not being asked to pay for anything.

My wife and I spent as much on the rehearsal dinner as the brides family spent on the wedding.

Venue, food, live band, & decor. Good thing we only have 2 sons.

Congrats on the wedding John! And a road trip too! Sounds like a great opportunity to pack a few pipes!

Stick":k9aqxvui said:
Congrats on the wedding John! And a road trip too! Sounds like a great opportunity to pack a few pipes!
It sure does. When I travel I take a couple of corn cob pipes, and some jarred goodies. I need to hit my storage unit to select my tobacco for the trip :)

Fatman":i6m0k5ks said:
Stick":i6m0k5ks said:
It sure does. When I travel I take a couple of corn cob pipes, and some jarred goodies. I need to hit my storage unit to select my tobacco for the trip :)
Cobs are great pipes for travelling. I tend to go simple on the tobacco choices too when I am away from home, but I think your cellar is a little more extensive...

Have a great time.
Ps, I don't want to think about weddings yet. She's only 13 months!

Enjoy your trip John, Congrats to your daughter. I'd love to see some pictures of you all duded up. I'll bet you clean up well. ;)