Going cruising in January. Pipe or no pipe?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakebound

Reaction score
Specifically addressing this question to anyone who has taken part in a cruise and more specifically on a Norwegian Cruise Line ship.

I have had a friend tell me that while smoking is authorized on a ship in specific areas that it really isn't very convenient for pipe smokers. Can anyone here who has taken part in a Norwegian Cruise Line Cruise answer my question? Did you take your pipe and did you enjoy it? What were some of your regrets and your experiences?

Thanks.

Take a few of your favorite pipes and blends and locate a private area on the vessel you’ll be traveling on. You will find others smoking cigars or cigarettes. As for me I avoid cigarette smoke, the chemicals make me choke. My last ? Cruise ? I had no complaints.
 ENJOY YOUR VACATION  :cheers:  :cheers:

PS, try and avoid strong blends!!! Also scented Lakeland blends. If you enjoy a good aromatic you’ll be fine. Remember this is also your vacation.

My Ultimate Pipe Bag goes with me on every trip but I'm more of a cigar smoker away from home and I'd love to go on a cruise but I'd have to know every cigar related detail from the size, hours and policy of the indoor lounge (a must) to that at least one port will have a la Casa to hang out at before I would book. I wouldn't book on a ship that's smoking lounge that's small and open to cigarette smokers. Even if they charges a cutting fee or I have to purchase the cigars from them I'd want a larger elegant lounge :shock:

If I were in your boots, I’d bring along a couple of pipes and a supply of friendly tobak, and I’d have at the ready some cordial explanation of why I chose to smoke in an area that may not have the full sanction of officialdom. I’d keep an eye peeled for the practice of cigar smokers. I’d smoke downwind of potential trouble. I’d assume that anything not expressly forbidden is permitted.