Going in for tests to determine why I'm having heart pain.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firstly, I want thank you folks for the good wishes. It helps to know that someone is rooting for me.
My last male friend died Oct 3rd. We were fishing buddies for 35 years. I sure miss him.

Not the best news from the doc but I can live with it. Leaky heart valve...not bad enough to worry about. Still not getting enough blood to the bottom of my heart even after the last stent which was placed in 2012.

The doc gave me two options. A cath right now or try a different medication first. Said he'd be happy with whichever I chose because the surgeon might go in only to recommend the medication. I opted for the meds first and the cath if the meds don't work. Why let him go in again if it isn't absolutely necessary now?

I asked again about my pipe smoking. He said 1-3 bowls, no inhaling, won't worsen anything and that quitting won't help me.

Now, where's my damn pipe? I need a bowl after this.

Glad to hear that your okay and that a doctor told you to keep on smoking I hope you have a great holiday!

williamcharles":x4z460r3 said:
Firstly, I want thank you folks for the good wishes. It helps to know that someone is rooting for me.
My last male friend died Oct 3rd. We were fishing buddies for 35 years. I sure miss him.

Not the best news from the doc but I can live with it. Leaky heart valve...not bad enough to worry about. Still not getting enough blood to the bottom of my heart even after the last stent which was placed in 2012.

The doc gave me two options. A cath right now or try a different medication first. Said he'd be happy with whichever I chose because the surgeon might go in only to recommend the medication. I opted for the meds first and the cath if the meds don't work. Why let him go in again if it isn't absolutely necessary now?

I asked again about my pipe smoking. He said 1-3 bowls, no inhaling, won't worsen anything and that quitting won't help me.

Now, where's my damn pipe? I need a bowl after this.
Glad you didn't have to lose the pipe, I know how I'd feel if they told me otherwise.
Three bowls a day aint bad at all, that's exactly what I do. Enjoy a good bowl sir I think you earned it ! ;)

Glad to hear you might not need any more surgery. As the Doc said, keep on smokin'. Glad to see a Doc that doesn't have an agenda against smoking.

That's a pretty darn good report all things considered. Very glad you don't have to lay down your pipes and I think a good choice in giving the meds a shot before letting them go in.

Best wishes to you Brother!

:)

Glad to hear things worked out for the good. A change in meds is always a better alternative to surgery. Take care of yourself now, and get some rest... a good bowl of baccy sounds like "just what the doctor ordered". I'll even have a bowl in your honor. :D