Good Bye Boat

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swhipple

Reaction score
The old joke goes, the 2 best days in a boat owner’s life, are the day you buy it and the day you sell it.

My experience was completely different. The day we bought our boat I was excited but also seriously nervous, wondering if we were wasting money on something that wouldn’t see much use. Today I found myself actually sad to see “our” boat leave behind someone else’s truck. It was almost as if a member of the family was going away. The best days were spent relaxing at Harris lake, watching the sunset, after enjoying a swim.

During the 6 years we owned the boat it became our haven on the water, a place for our small family to escape the hectic world, to slow down, unplug and enjoy the lake and each other’s company. The rule of only using the cell phone for emergency communications on the boat certainly helped but, we never really missed being connected with the outside world during the time we spent on the lake. There is something about the combination of water and sun that relaxes a person like not much else can. My wife swears some of the best naps she’s ever taken were on the front seat of the boat.

One upside of the sale was that we liked the people that bought her. I know it shouldn’t matter but, when you sell a friend it makes you feel a bit better about it. They seemed like a genuine, happy family and I hope they get as much enjoyment and togetherness out of her as we did.

Congrats swhipple! Should be some disposable change left over, to feed your PAD and TAD simultaneously! 8)

I feel your pain. I had to sell our boat some years back when we moved due to a job relocation. They do offer lots of opportunities for family fun. :)

AJ

Im glad to hear you had a great boating experience, especially if thats an i/o. I work on boats for a living, and its good to hear that you enjoyed your boat. There is nothing like being on the water. Now go find a friend with a boat and go out on his boat

Bring On Another Thousand
We're looking for a new (used) boat. I'm tired of our pontoon and want something that can get up and go and is fairly easy on fuel. We love waterfront living and our boats stay in the water all season long. :shock:
dscn3310.jpg

Very sad good bye.

My family would love to have a boat, but with the way things are going in California, I think we'll hold out for a Dune Buggy.

Im glad to hear you had a great boating experience, especially if thats an i/o. I work on boats for a living, and its good to hear that you enjoyed your boat. There is nothing like being on the water. Now go find a friend with a boat and go out on his boat
Yep it's an I/O. Not sure I'd buy another one but this one was ok. If I was buying another similar boat I'd pick an outboard just because they seem easier to work on.

We're looking for a new (used) boat. I'm tired of our pontoon and want something that can get up and go and is fairly easy on fuel. We love waterfront living and our boats stay in the water all season long.
Maybe a deck boat? Still has the room of a pontoon but can plane off. My friend had a 20' with 115hp outboard and it could cruise at 30 and maybe run a 35 or so maxed out.

My family would love to have a boat, but with the way things are going in California, I think we'll hold out for a Dune Buggy
I hope you get some rain soon. Sounds like things are getting pretty serious out there.