Quantcast

Good bye to an old friend

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

D.L.Ruth

Reaction score
Yesterday we had to say good bye to our great dog Rocko. My wife rescued him,  while I was on my first deployment 14 years ago, so she wasn't alone in the house. We don't know exactly how old he was when she got him but they said around 3 or 4 so he made it to about 17 or 18 years old. He became i huge part of our lives and has lived in 6 states with us and traveled cross country with us multiple times. Everyone who met him fell in love with him, there were even times that we would have trouble picking him up from the groomer because they just didn't want to give him back.

Blackhorse

Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
Losing a member of your family is the hardest thing.  Condolences. It sounds like you gave him a good life...and vice versa.

ftrplt

Reaction score
Losing our furry friends is tough :cry: Rocko had a wonderful life. Well-cared for and loved by his humans!!FTRPLT

Brewdude

Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
It's always sad when a furry family member leaves. I feel your pain.

:cry:

Cheers,

RR

Stick

Reaction score
Sorry to learn of your loss Mr Ruth. Sounds like Rocko had a good tour too.

Warmest thoughts,

No cheers.

Timbo

Reaction score
Sad news indeed, my condolences to you and your family. Sounds like he had a great life with you.

BriarPipeNYC

Reaction score
I have two dogs. Both, bring joy and their own special peace into our lives. One, the rescued Pitty is the sweetest dog, and wouldn't bite you if you set her on fire. Abused terribly in her early life, she is grateful for any love given to her. Both are affectionate, and members of the family. Both will be missed.

I dread that day.

Condolences for the loss that cannot be replaced. But, you'll meet again.

RSteve

Reaction score
For a dog to have such a long life, he must have been very happy and treated well.

pepesdad1

Reaction score
Dogs are the best people I know. We have had 4 rescues and they were a blessing to both me and my wife. We just rescued a 12 year old Yorkie whom no one seemed to want because of her age. Being old ourselves, we understand and decided to adopt her...she is a total delight, sleeps in the bed and eats what we eat (unless it is something that we know she shouldn't have). Dogs give an unconditional love that you will never find in humans.

Mikem

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss. I know how easy it is for pets to become part of the family ans so missed when gone. My condolences to you and your wife.

JPatrick

Reaction score
I'm truly sorry for your loss. I offer my sincere condolences to your family. I lost my best friend "Drake" two years ago. Drake and I were the best friends for 17 years. I still mourn his passing.
It's truly amazing the love we can give and receive from our feline and canine companions.

kxg

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Our animals bring a friendship like no other.