Good G and H Rum Flake and a Great Stanwell.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckeyeBoy34

Reaction score
Today I smoked several bowls of G&H Rum Flake that I had gotten 2 or 3 years ago at Smokers Haven in Columbus Oh. It was a tad dry having dried out in its bag. It lit very easily and I was greeted by a rich smokey tobacco sweetness. I could taste the sweet flavor of maple syurp and the faint taste of rum.

I smoked it in a Stanwell Diamond that I had gotten several years ago when I was in Denmark bopping around Europe ( At some point I ll have to go back to Denmark if not only to hit up all the great pipe shops). Frankly I was more impressed with the pipe than the tobacco. G&H Rum Flake is a good gormet tobacco worthy of being smoked but I have had better and worse bacca. That being said the Stanwell Diamond is a marvel of Danish engineering, its beautiful in both form and function. Its lightweight and feels as good in the mouth as it does in the hand. The pipe has a tall narrow chamber that fits a fair amount of tobacco for as small and lightweight as the pipe is. It smokes flawlessly and it seems very hard to get tounge bite from this pipe and that is saying something because I tend to smoke faster than I should. I liked the tobacco but I LOVED the PIPE.

Well Brothers
Keep Smoking
Steve

This Rum Flake is one of my favorite tobaccos, and has been for years. I also prefer it quite on the dry side. I'd recommend you try Glengarry if you like RF.

Natch

Natch graciously let me try some of his hallowed Rum Flake, and I wasn't man enough for Lady Lakeland. :lol: Hey, someone's gotta love it. It's still tobacco.

8)

GH Rum Flake is a favorite of mine. I like it wet though. To me, it tends to lose flavor if dried, to each his own.