Grasmere Flake?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GuitarMyFriend":cw9dbx9z said:
Does this come in tins? If so, where do I get some?
Since you are here, you are on the 'net and Google is your friend :twisted: :evil:

The only place I have found it is pipetobacco.com. The good Dr.T. purchased some through them. Unfortunately it's only sold by the 500g box. A while back I threw out a message looking for someone to go halfsies with me on some. I like it a lot, but don't need that much of it. That said I am still looking for a brother to split a 500g purchase with. PM me if you are interested. :D

Mr. Monbla!
I cannot find it anywhere, therefore I came to you intelligent men who know more about finding tobacco than I do! Any information is appreciated!!!
Zach

I have never seen it in tins even here in the UK. In fact finding any GH tobacco in tins seems to be rather difficult these days.

But it is worth finding in bulk if you wish to have a good flake tobacco with only a slight "Lakelands" aroma / taste.

Google is everyones friend! :p
I was specifically looking for a tin of it. It appears there aren't any.
Zach

GuitarMyFriend":l4333suf said:
Mr. Monbla!
I cannot find it anywhere, therefore I came to you intelligent men who know more about finding tobacco than I do! Any information is appreciated!!!
Zach
Alas, it only comes in bulk. Also alas, until I begged the kind folks at pipetobacco.com to special order me a 500 gr box, it was unavailable in the US; they are likely the only current supplier in the US with it on hand, but only sell it by the box the last I looked.

Our late, venerable "Dad" (Ken) split a half-kilo with me a few years back, then convinced me to sell him most of my half. He did let me know that what he had heard was it wasn't going to be imported to the U.S. any more. I haven't seen it in tins ever, and in bulk for several years, but I haven't been looking for it.

Natch

I haven't ever seen it in tins on either side of the pond. $43.25 for 500g is a great price though. Rosey goodness. :flower:

I recently received a 4 lb. Shipment from pipetobacco.com. Half the order was grasmere. I jarred almost all of it. A lovely tobacco. I am grateful a U.S. vendor got some, even though they do only sell it in full boxes. I think I'll be buying my gh&co flakes like this from now on anyways. Buy several 500g boxes, jar most of it, buying it at a good price. I'll be bound to get ahead sooner or later.:D 

As you can tell by my previous post, I was quite pleased with my pipetobacco.com purchase. So I'm not directing anyone away from there with this addition but smokingpipes has just added Grasmere in bulk. Fyi.

juanmedusa":ymub3azg said:
As you can tell by my previous post, I was quite pleased with my pipetobacco.com purchase. So I'm not directing anyone away from there with this addition but smokingpipes has just added Grasmere in bulk. Fyi.
:cheers: And there was much rejoicing! :cheers: 

DrT999":zgg8izvo said:
juanmedusa":zgg8izvo said:
:cheers: And there was much rejoicing! :cheers: 
shame it was two days after i placed a free freight order with the intentions of not ordering for a while!

Well, somedumbjerk, if it makes you feel better, smokingpipes.com is already showing it as sold out. So maybe there wasn't enough to go around anyways. Let's see how aggressively they keep it in stock.