Greetings from Bogotá, Colombia

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brando71

Reaction score
Hello Folks! I introduce myself my name is Luigi, 39 years old, I'm an italian living in Bogotá, Colombia because my work. I started to mess up with pipes and tobaccos almost 20 years ago. I love italian pipes such as Ardor, Bonfiglioli, Castello, Don Carlos, L'Anatra, Radice, Savinelli, etc. My passion is pipe tobaccos collecting, especially the vintage ones. Favored shape: Prince. Favored Tobacco: Esoterica Stonehaven. Favored matches: IM Corona.

I apologize for my english, it is not so good but I hope it is understandable. Cheers!

Luigi

Bienvenido! Or should I say "benvenuto"?

Tenemos otro miembro nuevo de Quito, Ecuador desde hace unas semanas tmbien. En que trabajas??

Greetings Luigi! Welcome aboard! :)

And I see nothing amiss with your English!

MisterE":jss8sxly said:
Bienvenido! Or should I say "benvenuto"?

Tenemos otro miembro nuevo de Quito, Ecuador desde hace unas semanas tmbien. En que trabajas??
I'm a biomedical engineer and I hold an Italian restaurant here with my wife. Cheers!

Greeting Luigi. I used to own a restaurant here in the states but back in Virgina.

The name of the restaurant?

Luigi's.

No kidding.

Nice to meet you.

Would like to hear about the availability of pipe tobaccos down there and the general attitude about smoking.

yvesmary":ivexjmv8 said:
Nice to meet you. Would like to hear about the availability of pipe tobaccos down there and the general attitude about smoking.
Who has bread has no teeth (North America and Europe situation) and vice versa (South America situation)... adaptation from an old italian proverb. It means that here in Colombia you can smoke almost everywhere (not in the health structures, of course) but really you don't enjoy this privilege because the market offer very poor choice of pipe tobaccos and cigars. Here you can buy some OTC tobaccos and nothing else. I have to buy all my tobaccos in internet from the US, Switzerland and Germany. Otherwise, the italian legislation don't allow tobacco shipment by mail so I can't buy tobaccos from my country. To make it more tough, mostly of the US online vendors don't ship to Colombia but fortunately, I hold a mail box address in Miami with a company that reship everything I bought from the US to my home here. About pipes, in Colombia you can find only few commercial brands as Peterson, Stanwell, Vauen but nothing about high grade pipes, I have to buy my italian ones from ebay auctions or from italian websites.

So, as you see, the situation for a pipefellow is a bit difficult here. Anyway, I found my way to follow my passion.

Welcome, Luigi. Your english is just fine. I look forward to getting to know you.
Ken

Hello Brando. Welcome. I live south from you in Quito. Same problems here, you can not get any good pipe tobacco. I had to open a mail box in Miami only for buying cigars and pipe tobacco. Next time in Bogota, I will make sure stop by your restaurante.

Welcome, Luigi, you're living in a beautiful city with an abundance of beautiful women. I've had the good fortune to visit Bogota several times throughout my life (lived in Montevideo as a teen). What are your favorite aged tobaccos?

Natch