Greetings from EU

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum from Oxman in the UK. We look forward to your contribution on discussions!

I appreciate the warm welcome everyone !

Just ordered some pipe related goodies online, including my first quality lighter, a Kiribi Kabuto. Tobacco-wise I got some Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake and Squadron Leader, some Mac Baren 7 Seas and Navy Flake, and a tin of Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Bob's Chocolate Flake because, why not. I'm aspiring to broaden horizons and develop my palate this year.

It's been like a week off cigs for me, patterns are starting to emerge. I have a mild urge to smoke after a bowl, which is to be expected given the nicotine dose I get from not inhaling. The morning rush is not quite the same, though I will definitely try to find time for a bowl to compliment coffee. Walking places in the cold of winter is another particularly tempting time and, finally, after a good meal. Though I'm completely convinced this is the way to go, a truly superior smoking experience and significantly more enjoyment to be had from the culture surrounding it.

Mookzen":cw480x3h said:
... a truly superior smoking experience and significantly more enjoyment to be had from the culture surrounding it.
...got it in one there old chap.

Good choices with the baccy too. You've got a good mix of classics like the FVF and SL, along with one of my favourite go to smokes, MacB's 7 Seas Regular. You may also wish to try a good middle ground between aros and straight Vas too; Sammy G's Firedance Flake.
Let us know how you get on...

Stick":70bxq7c8 said:
...You may also wish to try a good middle ground between aros and straight Vas too; Sammy G's Firedance Flake.
Just read the description and some reviews, sounds very promising. It's likely going to be a while until I make another order from the US, depends on how this one turns out, but I'm looking forward to seeing whether my local tobacconists have it. One of them orders most of their stock from the company behind danishpipeshop.com, they have that blend so I think the odds are in my favor.

Stick":70bxq7c8 said:
...Let us know how you get on...
I will gladly share some thoughts, though it might take a while for the shipment to arrive.

Mookzen":8huo07ru said:
The morning rush is not quite the same, . . . .
Welcome to BoB.

I used to smoke one Camel on the way to work and one on the way home.

Kicked them for good 3 months ago, in favour of half a bowl there and half a bowl back.

Now I look forward to traffic jams!! ;)

Mark.