Greetings from Iceland

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stulowitz

Reaction score
Hello,

I´m new to pipe smoking, actually havn´t smoked yet! I´m looking for a way to relax after a stressful day at work. Being a food and beverage industry professional I love all things flavor, so I´m intrigued with venturing down a path of possible sensory delight with unadulterated blended tobacco.

I´m waiting on some missouri meerschaum corn cobs and a couple of tins of dunhill and macbaren tobaccos that are in the post. My first bowl will be macbaren original choice when it finally arrives. The other tins are, macbaren mixture, dunhill early morning pipe and dunhill london mixture.

Cheers

Welcome, Stulowitz. Smoking a bowl of good tobacco is just about the best way I know relax at the end of a hectic day. It forces you to sit quietly and just think and look at the lovely world around you.

And a lovely world you have to look at. I've been to your beautiful country several times and I believe it has some of the most striking landscapes (and beautiful women!) on Earth! Now if you could just convince your volcanoes to keep quite, all would be perfect! :lol: But living right on the Mid-Atlantic ridge, I guess you have no choice but to live on an island that is cracked down the middle and growing in two directions?

Natch

Hey Natch,

I´ll have to ask my wife about the possibility of keeping the volcanos in check as she is a geophysicist specializing in volcanic activity and earthquakes ;) Maybe she can do something about it :lol:

Welcome to BoB stulowitz.

I've never been to Iceland, but seem to remember a recent news article about how fanatical the anti smoking nazis are in that country. Something about requiring a doctors prescription to obtain tobacco. Is this true?

:affraid:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":l5imecoc said:
Welcome to BoB stulowitz.

I've never been to Iceland, but seem to remember a recent news article about how fanatical the anti smoking nazis are in that country. Something about requiring a doctors prescription to obtain tobacco. Is this true?

:affraid:

Cheers,

RR
:D Yeah, anti-smoking and anti-alcohol nazis are everywhere here. The "vice" taxes on alcohol and tobacco have gone up more than 50% in less than 2 years! The doctors prescription thing actually came up in Alþingi (parlement) recently in an effort to minimize availability to new smokers thus making Iceland "totally" smoke free after the population already smoking has died off in say 50-60 years! It hasn´t come to it...yet :lol:

I work in the adult beverage industry, so this is kind of an annoying thing.

I always find it amusing that governments find it better to highly tax or even ban things they don´t want people to do, only to make a huge black market and at the same time lose a lot of revenue!

That bites!
I could live off my cellar,
but I don't have the space or cash to
"cellar" a lifetime supply of booze. :evil:

Welcome to the forums! I'm sure we're all looking forward to hearing about your adventures with our common obsession!

"T"

Welcome to the board...Let us know what you think of your first pipe smoke.

Welcome to BoB! It sounds like you got a nice little TAD collection going on there! Enjoy!

sorringowl":zk5szq2q said:
Welcome to BoB! It sounds like you got a nice little TAD collection going on there! Enjoy!
Talk about TAD!

Man this hobby is crazy. I´ve now acquired some MacBaren Dark Twist and Virginia No1, and just got off the phone with Robert Germain of JF Germain and sons and he is sending me some Special Latakia flake, King Charles, Royal Jersey Perique, Medium Flake AND Penzance!

Looking very much forward to trying them out!

Looks as if you have already contracted a severe case of TAD! Pad will likely follow. Welcome!

Welcome to the Brotherhood:

just got off the phone with Robert Germain of JF Germain and sons and he is sending me some Special Latakia flake, King Charles, Royal Jersey Perique, Medium Flake AND Penzance!
For a new man you certainly are off to a "rocket" start. Many guys here can't get their bowls filled with Penzance and you are able to have a casual conversation with the boss and get your's sent. Make sure you save that phone number because you'll need to be in touch often. Don't forget to show us your geothermally heated man cave.