Greetings from New Mexico

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chico

Reaction score
Hey all,

Scouting around the forums and this looks like a good place.  I've been pipe smoking for about 2 years, cigar smoking for longer.  My dad smoked both, and I couldn't stand seeing his pipe rack full of pipes gathering dust in the garage.  I mostly like lat blends and aros, and lat-aro "crossovers".  

Anyway, looking forward to exploring more here.  Any forum with a dedicated Sherlock Holmes thread must be pretty cool!

Welcome to The BoB!! You will find a great bunch of people here. Hope to see more of you within this forum. Enjoy your pipes and tobacco's.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Thanks for the welcomes! Maybe a dumb question, but what are the bomb icons about in your sig lines?

Brewdude":93m5uvdb said:
Chico":93m5uvdb said:
Thanks for the welcomes!  Maybe a dumb question, but what are the bomb icons about in your sig lines?
Not a dumb question Chico. This should help-

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t32607-bob-bombers-information

Cheers,

RR
Thanks, I thought it might be something like that!

Chico if you don't mind my asking, where in NM are you?

The reason is that I'm exploring retirement locations in Southern AZ, but am considering Southern NM as well.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":m04ezdh0 said:
Chico if you don't mind my asking, where in NM are you?

The reason is that I'm exploring retirement locations in Southern AZ, but am considering Southern NM as well.

Cheers,

RR
I'm in the north. I don't know much about the south other than a trip to Carlsbad through Roswell, and I would not want to live in either place.

Brewdude is tired of the drizzle in the PNW. He wants to dryout for a decade or three! :lol!:

Ozark Wizard":pdpq0yx3 said:
Brewdude is tired of the drizzle in the PNW. He wants to dryout for a decade or three! :lol!:
Well south is definitely better for that. Up here we have snow, skiing, forests, and even monsoon season (right now). It's 7,000 ft., so weather is always an adventure in northern NM.

Ozark Wizard":z5pbwpof said:
Brewdude":z5pbwpof said:
Stick":z5pbwpof said:
...and are there bats there?  The Brew Dog just loves bats too...
Ja ja, alvays mit ta chokes!

:joker:

Cheers,

RR
:joker: :lol!:
Head for Carlsbad for the bats! I can't post links yet but google it. Unless you're scared. :twisted:

Greetings and welcome to BOB!

I was born and raised in Northern NM closer to TX. Somehow I wound up in Ohio.... I miss NM every day!

Chico":g9lxi2n9 said:
Ozark Wizard":g9lxi2n9 said:
Brewdude":g9lxi2n9 said:
Stick":g9lxi2n9 said:
...and are there bats there?  The Brew Dog just loves bats too...
Ja ja, alvays mit ta chokes!

:joker:

Cheers,

RR
:joker: :lol!:
Head for Carlsbad for the bats!  I can't post links yet but google it.  Unless you're scared.  :twisted:
Pay no attention to these jokers Chico. They like to take the piss out of me due to having several close encounters in my house with wayward bats. Not asceered of them, just don't want to co-habitate with them!

And thanks for the info about NM. I'm going to be settling in a hot and dry climate, so Southern AZ or Southern NM will be some destinations to scope out in due course. If you have any strong feelings about locations I'm all ears.

Cheers,

RR