Greetings from New Mexico

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewdude":g0gcubpp said:
Chico":g0gcubpp said:
Ozark Wizard":g0gcubpp said:
Brewdude":g0gcubpp said:
Stick":g0gcubpp said:
...and are there bats there?  The Brew Dog just loves bats too...
Ja ja, alvays mit ta chokes!

:joker:

Cheers,

RR
:joker: :lol!:
Head for Carlsbad for the bats!  I can't post links yet but google it.  Unless you're scared.  :twisted:
Pay no attention to these jokers Chico. They like to take the piss out of me due to having several close encounters in my house with wayward bats. Not asceered of them, just don't want to co-habitate with them!

And thanks for the info about NM. I'm going to be settling in a hot and dry climate, so Southern AZ or Southern NM will be some destinations to scope out in due course. If you have any strong feelings about locations I'm all ears.

Cheers,

RR
Are you from the UK, or has "taking the piss" made it across the Atlantic?

I had a bat in my once bedroom when I lived in Wales. I reached for a book on a shelf next to my bed, and there was this odd black shape hanging there.... :face:

Chico":8tezfm5f said:

I had a bat in my once bedroom when I lived in Wales.  I reached for a book on a shelf next to my bed, and there was this odd black shape hanging there.... :face:
Chico, I'm an anglophile. And as such have adopted a lot of expressions from their slang. In fact sometimes I regress into the old Yorkshire dialect, which I'm particularly fond of. Glad to see you sussed this out!

:D

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":9kkmtgyb said:
Chico":9kkmtgyb said:

I had a bat in my once bedroom when I lived in Wales.  I reached for a book on a shelf next to my bed, and there was this odd black shape hanging there.... :face:
Chico, I'm an anglophile. And as such have adopted a lot of expressions from their slang. In fact sometimes I regress into the old Yorkshire dialect, which I'm particularly fond of. Glad to see you sussed this out!

:D

Cheers,

RR
They do have some great slang!

Chico,

Welcome to the fray. What part of NM are you from? I was just out there a couple weeks ago, backpacking up in the Carson NF. Wonderful state; great mountains, national forests, and clear nights. I also heard a very good, all female Mariachi band from Tucumcari playing at the Old Town park in Albuquerque. I've never seen a single women in a mariachi group, much less a 9 person all female band. Very talented ladies.

So the proverbial question, that I know you'll understand, is: red, green, or Christmas?

Natch