Greetings from Pittsburgh

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frogjunk

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

New here. I've been smoking pipes for about 10-12 years (actually can't remember how long) and making pipes for about 10. This site was recommended to me by a friend from another board/forum so I thought I'd check it out.

Looking forward to making new friends!

Doug

Welcome to the forum, Doug! Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the pipes you've crafted :cheers:

Welcome to BoB. I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here!

"T"

Welcome Aboard! We have connections. My son is Doug and my grandfather was a coal miner in the Mon-Valley south of Pittsburgh.

frogjunk":ippmee0z said:
Hello Everyone,

New here. I've been smoking pipes for about 10-12 years (actually can't remember how long) and making pipes for about 10. This site was recommended to me by a friend from another board/forum so I thought I'd check it out.

Looking forward to making new friends!

Doug
Ahhh, getting old and failing memory! Our kinda Brother!

Welcome,

Natch

Thanks for the welcome! As soon as I figure out how to post pictures here I'll put some of my pipes up.

In addition to making pipes, Doug is also a very talented craftsman of musical instruments - namely, cigar box mandolins! I've seen his video and it's pretty impressive. Perhaps he'll post it here for all to enjoy!

Cheers,

RR

frogjunk":g4bflblh said:
Thanks for the welcome! As soon as I figure out how to post pictures here I'll put some of my pipes up.

Thanks for the good words, Rande. I actually make 3 or 4 string cigar box guitars. Haven't tried my hand at mandolins yet. Currently have three in production with requests for several more. I'll post a video here sometime soon.

Brewdude":vux4hjfe said:
In addition to making pipes, Doug is also a very talented craftsman of musical instruments - namely, cigar box mandolins! I've seen his video and it's pretty impressive. Perhaps he'll post it here for all to enjoy!

Cheers,

RR

frogjunk":vux4hjfe said:

I want a guitar box mandolin! That sounds awesome!

Welcome, frogjunk! :cheers:

Kyle Weiss":tnj6hm1c said:
I want a guitar box mandolin! That sounds awesome!

Welcome, frogjunk! :cheers:
Haven't made any mandolins yet, strictly guitars.