Greetings from the Bluegrass State

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and I live in the Masterson Station neighborhood of Lexington, where we’ve lived for about ten years. And we’ve also lived in Louisville. But neither of us are natives of Kentucky. I’m from the Central Valley of California.
Used to live near there in Meadowthorpe. One of my sons lives over near Henry Clay High School.

Thanks! In answer to your question, in addition to tobaccos you pick up in stores, I remember smoking Balkan Sobranie, as well as a brand of Navy Cut tobacco. I was living in the East Bay area out west, and enjoyed a number of house blends of Drucquer & Sons in Berkeley, where I also purchased a number of my pipes.
Oh, I just saw a photo of that Navy Cut: Escudo was the brand.

Hello! I am taking up the pipe after a 30 year hiatus (and how I wish I had kept my pipes!) I look forward to friendly fellowship, discussion, and the opportunity to ask questions and benefit from your experience and expertise.
Hey! I Lived in Lexington for about 6 years during and after college! Although it has been nearly 10 years since that time, Schwab's Pipes and stuff down on Southland Dr was my main place to go for tobacco products during that time! They are still open!

Hey! I Lived in Lexington for about 6 years during and after college! Although it has been nearly 10 years since that time, Schwab's Pipes and stuff down on Southland Dr was my main place to go for tobacco products during that time! They are still open!
Indeed they are! I started my journey by visisting their shop and picking up a corn cob pipe, a tamper, a pack of cleaners, and two blends: Ideal and Proud Sultan, both very enjoyable.

Indeed they are! I started my journey by visisting their shop and picking up a corn cob pipe, a tamper, a pack of cleaners, and two blends: Ideal and Proud Sultan, both very enjoyable.
I saw in another resopnse you lived in Corbin. I went to Cumberlands for a year and spint quite a bit of time in Corbin and in the surrounding areas. Very pretty countryside out there.