Greetings from Vancouver, B.C.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schmitzbitz

Reaction score
Good day folks; been lurking here for a few days, just finally decided to register.

I picked up a pipe shortly before New Years 2011 with the hopes that it would help me to quit my two pack a day cigarette habit. I am happy to report that I have had limited success, and have successfully cut back to three to five sticks a day, supplemented with a half-dozen bowls.

Although my first forays into the world of pipe tobacco were with aromatics, I have found myself falling hard for the smoky mistress that is latakia, and having just discovered the joys of perique last week, I can see that I am in trouble...

Outside of pipe-smoking, I also enjoy pretty much anything that gets me outdoors; camping, fishing, hunting, hiking, and the sort. I am also an avid masochist...er...golfer, although my handicap has taken a real beating since the birth of my son last May. When the weather is just too damned inclement for me to head outside, I will oft settle in with a good novel; anything in the historical fiction genre will do. I am active in local politics, and although I hope to become active on a Federal level at some point, I will keep my political rants and ramblings to myself, promise! I hold a B.S. through S.F.U. in Food Sciences, and also an MBA through U.B.C., and am currently self-employed as an Immigration and Business Consultant.

Happy puffing;

Adam J. Smith

Welcome, Adam, we have many good BoB's from Canada. Great people (one is even a great pipe maker) but I sympathize with your tobacco costs. And don't keep your politics to yourself, just remember that it's usually best to post them in the Rubber Room unless it's a statement that we can all agree upon (and I have yet to see such a statement!).

Natch

Smokntaz":nwuc1llh said:
Welcome from Coquitlam. :cheers:
I'm actually PoCo based now, but grew up in Coquitlam...nice to know there is at least one other pipe smoker in the Tri-Cities!