Greetings from WI!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stemandbriar

Reaction score
Hello all!
I am currently in Oak Creek Wisconsin (Near Milwaukee).
Been in the US for 10 years, and originally from Canada.

I helped to form a pipe club at my US college back in 2005, and started really making the switch from Cigars to Pipes a few years back. (Although the humi is still full trust me)

I now restore and sell estate pipes, as well as enjoy collecting and blending tobaccos.

Always looking for some info, especially related to pipe repairs!

This looks like a great forum so far. I look forward to the conversation!

Hello, stemandbriar.

Let me be the first to welcome you to the Brotherhood.

We look forward to hearing more from you, so please come back often and join in the threads. Feel free to start new threads as well.

If you have any pics of your restoration work, we'll all be happy to see them as well.

Not sure the rules on self promoting. I have a website with several restored pipes on it.
I'm always bad with the before and afters, but now that I'm on here, I may need to keep a better photo log.

stemandbriar":pietgptd said:
Not sure the rules on self promoting. I have a website with several restored pipes on it.
I'm always bad with the before and afters, but now that I'm on here, I may need to keep a better photo log.
If you're simply showing before/after shots, then no problem. If the pipes are ones that you've restored and are now selling, then the 'Towne Crier' section would be appropriate. It's the section for members selling pipes, tobaccos, etc.

Welcome, S&B! I hope you enjoy your time here; I'm sure we'll all enjoy looking at your work

"T"

Welcome to BoB! Good, helpful folks hangin' round here so there's always some interesting convo to jump into...have a good one!

Welcome to the group, I have also done my share of restoration work, I need to set up my shop again real soon so I can get back into it...we just moved into our house a year ago.

Welcome S&B. As it turns out one of my oldest friends grew up in Oak Creek, near the correctional facility. I was a cheesehead for over 30 years and miss many aspects of WI. The long cold winters and hot humid summers not so much though!

:lol:

Still have many good friends there, and I'm overdue for a visit. Ever had the Fri fish fry at Cliffords in Hales Corners? That was one of my faves!

Cheers,

RR

I'm originally from Canada, so the weather is just like I'm used to :)

I used to go to Clifford's once a month as part of the Vintners association.
Kids however have slowed my wine making days, and caused me to enjoy more pipe tobacco.

LakeFront Brewery has been my fish fry place of choice. Mainly due to the beer, and my friends.
Too many great fish fry's around here, that's for sure!

Find yourself in town, drop me a line. Meet up for a smoke in the man Cave, Uhles, or whatever works :D

stemandbriar":6brj48sr said:
I'm originally from Canada, so the weather is just like I'm used to :)

I used to go to Clifford's once a month as part of the Vintners association.
Kids however have slowed my wine making days, and caused me to enjoy more pipe tobacco.

LakeFront Brewery has been my fish fry place of choice. Mainly due to the beer, and my friends.
Too many great fish fry's around here, that's for sure!

Find yourself in town, drop me a line. Meet up for a smoke in the man Cave, Uhles, or whatever works :D
Damn, I was a WVA member in the 80s. Got my start at the Purple Foot just before the Uthermans took over.

LakeFront is tops in my book. I go back to the days they were in the original location in RiverWest. Know the Klisch bros from those days. Great peeps. Didn't know they were doing fish fries now.

My first gig in professional brewing was with Sprecher, when they were on Oregon St.

I'll definitely look you up next time I'm in town.

Cheers,

RR

Oak Creek? That southern suburb of Cudahy? Home of the famous power plant and well, not much else? Had a girlfriend from Oak Creek once, played the saxophone, and she could..., well, that's another story for another day.

But welcome to the Brotherhood. I look forward to your posts.

Natch

StemandBriar,

Maybe I'll run into you at Uhle's. I hang out there on Wednesdays! Looking forward to your posts!
:)

I'm new to the forum and from Waukesha. I'll have to check out your website.
Welcome.