Greetings to all from Florence, Oregon.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GamleVking

Reaction score
I just got reintroduced to pipe smoking after 40 years of smoking cigarettes and cigars. A friend of mine recently gave me some Mac Baren's "The Cube". I liked so much that I dug out my old pipe collection and started cleaning em up. I went online to purchase some new pipes and find some of my favorite tobbaccos. I figured that the cost of smoking pipes was a lot cheaper then to buy those $300 a box cigars that I like. Besides, I was already over the whole cigarette thing.

I started smoking pipes back in 62 at the ripe old age of 16. A buddy of mine was always lighting up his pipe on the ride home from school and seemed to really enjoy it. We got to talking about it and the next thing I knew, he's taking me to Anastasia's Pipe Shop, located in Pasadena, Ca., to buy a pipe. The owner didn't care how young we were and proceeded to help me find a nice pipe for 5 bucks, along with a free pouch of Dutch pipe tobacco and a pipe tool. I started saving my money and buying pipes with it. I was soon on the road to having a nice little collection of pipes. We used to hang out a Anastasia's and partake in free samples from his tobacco bar. Those were some good times. You could buy some decent pipes, like GBD's, Savinelli's, and Comoy's from 12 to 15 buck. His dunhills started 25 bucks. Alas, those days are long gone.

While surfing the internet for answers to some of my pipe related questions, I found this fantastic web site with like minded brothers. I look forward to reading and sharing thoughts related to the grand pastime of pipe smoking with all the Brothers of Briar.

Fire up those bowls!

Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll have fun here, and I look forward to seeing your posts

"T"

Welcome to the Brotherhood. Aren't those memories wonderful! Stop by as often as you can and create some new memories.

Welcome! I'm rather new to this site myself and so far it's been great. No shortage of great folks with great converstions!