Greg Pease was ripped off

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LL

Reaction score
Look at the fourth blend listed, its ingredients, and its purported inspiration:

http://www.altadisusa.com/cigar/bulktobacco.asp

Let's see... Westminster became the best selling and best known blend of the world's top boutique pipe tobacco blender, and a juggernaut-sized company hundreds of times larger just happens to introduce a blend in the same style, with the same name, and based on the same inspiration 2.5 years later.

Those corporate suits have some serious balls, don't they?

No class, no class at all.

Helpful hint: If your company also manufactures "705 Kentucky Blizzard - All the essentials of the Kentucky Blizzard Cocktail, Bourbon, Cranberry Juice, Lime Juice and Grenadine, are present in this composition of six different tobaccos," you have no f'ing business even attempting to knock off GLP under *any* name.

Unfortunately one can't trademark the name of a historical city. And many tobacco blends have the same "basic" three or four ingredients, just different tobaccos within that basic category and different percentages. I'm sure most of us will know the difference on the first puff

:suspect: . Hey, this ain't Westminster!!!

Natch

won't hurt greg's feelings at all. still, dirty scums. if this post was in the rubber room, i'd be throwing around some of my ten cent words.

He's not the first....

They sold nightcap, walnut, bluenote and half a dozen other name brands while they were still in production by their creators

That's just too messed up for words!

When I lack words, I use vows: I will befriend no man who purchases the Altadis version!

Anyone out of touch enough to turn to Altadis for a good english (or anything else) deserve what they get :)

Don't they also have a blend named Blue Note, which is an inept ripoff of Dan's Blue Note? Their target audience must be the clueless and uninformed.

Subject: Greg Pease was ripped off

As Leroy would say,,,"yew mighta herd of his tobaccy",,,, :D

Doc Manhattan":d1y2ng2x said:

Helpful hint: If your company also manufactures "705 Kentucky Blizzard - All the essentials of the Kentucky Blizzard Cocktail, Bourbon, Cranberry Juice, Lime Juice and Grenadine, are present in this composition of six different tobaccos," you have no f'ing business even attempting to knock off GLP under *any* name.
+ 1,000,000 pts for Doc Manhattan :cheers:
- 1,000,000 pts for Falconer :(
+ / - 0 pts for PurosBran because he's being ignored :p

Falconer":i3przvny said:
Please! Who's Greg?
Hope you are joking Valky???
MASTER GREG PEASE....... GL Pease tobacco!
Chelsea morning, Westminster, Key largo, Union square, Laurel heights, Cairo.............. names ring a bell??

Many rip off the masters work, ........ this is why the blokes are pissed!!!!!!!
Pease tobacco's are of the best in the world, My cellar is full of it.
Besides that, He is just a helluva nice guy!
He hangs around the forum here under the Dark Lord!!!!!

Let them ripp off his blends, they will never be in that class anyway!!!!!!
Praise be to the Master!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

DoverPipes":wf4xgkkf said:
Doc Manhattan":wf4xgkkf said:

+ 1,000,000 pts for Doc Manhattan :cheers:
- 1,000,000 pts for Falconer :(
+ / - 0 pts for PurosBran because he's being ignored :p
Who's PurosBran?