Grousemoor

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay

Reaction score
Getting ready to dive into some Grousemoor, wish me luck, my taste buds are going where they have never gone before :shock:

Holy hell, Clay, good effin' luck. :lol: That stuff scared the b'jeezuz outta me. You want different, you're gonna get it.

8)

:D First bowl was pretty darn good. From what I have read I thought I was going to get a soapy, gross perfumey taste :pale: It seened very mild. I did noticed that when I opened the tin it didn't have a vacuum, so maybe the seal was broken for some time, I don't know. To get a real feel I shall try it in my clay pipe later. The first bowl was in a MM cob.

That's one that I just never could warm up to. I gave my tin to a friend that loves it. So there were two happy people that day. Me to get rid of it and my friend was happy to get it.

Grousemoor is awesome. Some folks don't care about the grassy Earl Grey Tea-like flavoring. I find it lovely. No soap I ever used smells/tastes like it, and the natural flavor of the fine blend of VA comes through.

I smoke it in small bowls as I find it to pack quite a punch, it puts me "in the zone" every time.

Also, remember it's a straight Va so smoke slow or it can have quite the nasty bite.

you won't get perfume-y from any Samuel Gawith tobacco, that is the realm of Gawith Hoggarth. Grousemoor is good but it didn't make me want to load up, Bracken Flake on the other hand...

rcstan":n2q64sui said:
Grousemoor is awesome. Some folks don't care about the grassy Earl Grey Tea-like flavoring. I find it lovely. No soap I ever used smells/tastes like it, and the natural flavor of the fine blend of VA comes through.

I smoke it in small bowls as I find it to pack quite a punch, it puts me "in the zone" every time.

Also, remember it's a straight Va so smoke slow or it can have quite the nasty bite.
I agree. I also really like G&H Grasmere Flake. Hell for that matter I like 1792 and Coniston Cut Plug as well.

The Gawith Houses do an excellent job balancing scented flavorings with tobacco strength and deeper tobacco flavors. Whether a piper appreciates these tobacco or not they are an excellent representation of English sensibilities. With Grousemoor the room note is sweet lemongrass and the piper gets a fat nicotine hit. Win/Win. :cheers:

I do agree with Sisyphus, the G&H stuff (which I also love) is more floral/soapy than the SG offerings.