Happy Thanksgiving

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zanaspus

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow BoBbers. Best wishes and don't eat too much!

Gobble! Gobble!

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it!

Any fun or interesting traditions, annual chores, etc. anyone care to share?

Annual chore: grading. The days off give me time to grade essays (the least favorite thing most professors do). This year's total, 98. Remaining to do today, 9 (with 35 more to do by Sunday)

Annual tradition: dust off the colonial clay tavern pipe for the afternoon smoke!

Blackhorse":18xloz3z said:
Sounds like DocT999 has a schedule...a few each day.  Good plan.
I wish I could share some here; after reading them, you'd see why 12-15 a day is all I can do :shock:

My wife and I got the flu or food poisoning on Tuesday night, so that ruined today's plans. :x

Stick":fziwn1gp said:
Hope you're having a wonderful day over there everyone!
Thanks! My shipped sashimi and sake' showed up yesterday, so munching on uni, seared ahi, various fish roe, etc....

But, since last night a wild turkey trespassed and got mortally wounded in a perimeter trap, I figured, why not? So, he's in the oven for later. Waste not, want not!

I am thankful for all the kind folks I have met on this forum and I am grateful for the friendships I have formed here.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! 8)

My best Thanksgiving wishes for all of the fine folks here on BoB!

22898026-a-turkey-with-a-black-hat-and-a-ribbon-in-thanksgiving-day.jpg

Cheers,

RR

We survived Thanksgiving Dinner round two Saturday as we watched Ohio State-Michigan.

My family as moved to this format due to the fact we kids have 5 different family dinners between us to attend for thanksgiving. Plus we all like to get together to eat and watch the game.

DrT999":104k1eux said:
Annual chore: grading.  The days off give me time to grade essays (the least favorite thing most professors do).  This year's total, 98.  Remaining to do today, 9 (with 35 more to do by Sunday)

Done! :cheers: Off to enjoy the rest of the day, starting with a bowl of Sterling Flake in a straight Country Gentleman cob. Tomorrow, I get to hear things like 'but I turned in a sentence fragment for the 1500 word essay; why didn't I get my A+?" and "Oh, there were lots of good reasons I didn't turn it in on time, so just accept it now for full credit." :roll: