Hats

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wear Hanna Walking Hats almost half the year, during the cold weather up here in Maine.  I have two -- the gray was purchased from L.L. Bean as a close out at the L.L. Bean Outlet decades ago and the brown was at half-price from Hammacher Schlemmer, so I couldn't pass it up.

Here's link that shows both my Hanna Walking Hats:

http://www.noggintops.com/Hanna-Hats-Irish-Tweed-Walking/dp/B005XZYBV6

During the warmer months I wear hats of a similar style -- a canvas water-resistant "Cov-Ver" and a Stetson Airway straw hat for warmer sunny days and at the beach.

swhipple":dwu8uzeb said:
It is an Irish tweed patchwork hat made by Hanna hats from Donegal in Ireland
Those guys make some mighty fine looking hats and caps ... that cap of yours is absolutely stellar ...

Hanna Hats are great. I walked into their shop while travailing when I was a teen, since then I have always had one near me. Over the years I have had to retire a few and order new ones. My newest is a walking hat like Rothnh however it is patchwork like Swhipple.
831-Patch-Tweed-Walking-Hat1.jpg

My second favorite is a Skipper cap
88B66454TweedSkipperCap2.jpg

That walking hat is sharp looking Oznog! I'm thinking I might get one of those the next time HAD (Hat Acquisition Disorder) kicks in. :D 

I am a hat collector and have numerous hats. My favorite is my Black 20 X Beaver Hat that I had molded in a Texas Ranger crease and I had the brim rolled in a Tom Mix roll.

With the weather the way it has been I have been wearing a Canadian Sheep Skin with earflaps.

LordTemplar":tlfh1szr said:
I am a hat collector and have numerous hats.  My favorite is my Black 20 X Beaver Hat that I had molded in a Texas Ranger crease and I had the brim rolled in a Tom Mix roll.

With the weather the way it has been I have been wearing a Canadian Sheep Skin with earflaps.
Tom Mix roll and a Ranger crease, now that's a hat. I'm originally from Texas and have my fair share of hats.

Seems to me that a real man would wear one of these.  Job interviews, first date with a really hot babe, going to church, a colonoscopy--the list is endless for opportunities to strut your je ne sais quoi, or something.

steamh10.jpg
" />

Made to order by this here guy, for a reasonable fee.  No affiliation of any kind, but what if there were?:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ClockworkLeatherCo?ref=shopsection_shophome_leftnav

Who ever gets one of those will need two of them, one to S**T in and the other to cover it up!

I am a big fan of the Tilley Endurable hats. They come in a lot of different styles and they have a lifetime guarantee that I can personally say that they do stand behind them.