Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake R.I.P?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoker13

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Suddenly I can't find this, one of my favorite blends, ANYwhere. I've got 3 or 4 tins stockpiled (as opposed to cellared, as I've no intention on keeping them for years and years) for steady use, and I don't smoke it too regularly, but it definitely is one of my top 5 VaPers.

I see H & H now offers something called Anniversary FLAKE. I've no idea if this is in any way similar to or a replacement for my beloved kake.

Anyone with definite information on this subject is encouraged to please let me in on what the heck is going on!

As always, Many Thanks - S13

P&C only has the 1.5 ounce tin in stock at the moment. Anniversary Flake is a completely different product.

Anniversary Kake, being a pressed tobacco, takes time to produce. We have a lot of it on order, but it comes in a bit at a time. The problem is that Sutliff had never pressed tobaccos until we asked them to do it about 5 years ago. They've added a number of new presses because of the high demand for Anniversary Kake, Classic Burley kake, Ten to Midnight and Seattle Pipe Club's Mississippi River and Plum Pudding. But then we also brought the War Horse Bars and Bengal Slices into the mix, so the presses are going constantly, but it's hard to keep up. It's not being discontinued, but you have to check back occasionally to see when it's in stock.

Russ

Thanks to you as well, Russ. Consider me a more informed piper, one who hit up the Pipes & Cigar website a couple hours ago and ordered a few tins of A Kake along with a lot more tine of other goodies!

Russ: Any chance on seeing "Sweet and Savory" ever again?

With the FDA debacle, even if I could bring it back, it would only be available until 12/31/17, and if I ordered some today, we probably wouldn't see it until September. If the bill passes that changes the predicate date, we might consider bringing it back.

Russ

blendtobac":5xuub1mp said:

With the FDA debacle, even if I could bring it back, it would only be available until 12/31/17, and if I ordered some today, we probably wouldn't see it until September. If the bill passes that changes the predicate date, we might consider bringing it back.

Russ
Thanks for the answer Russ. Please keep me in mind if you decide to bring it back or blend up a "special bulk batch"!- Sean :king:

DoverPipes":p7oc9ryr said:
blendtobac":p7oc9ryr said:

Russ
Thanks for the answer Russ. Please keep me in mind if you decide to bring it back or blend up a "special bulk batch"!- Sean  :king:
Indeed! :bounce:

I just checked our inventory and both bulk and 1.5 oz. tins are in stock. The 8 oz. tins are out of stock and probably won't return because the manufacturer no longer uses that size tin.

Russ

blendtobac":cw8hm87f said:
I just checked our inventory and both bulk and 1.5 oz. tins are in stock. The 8 oz. tins are out of stock and probably won't return because the manufacturer no longer uses that size tin.

Russ
That was quick! Bulk is already GONE!!!! :affraid:

blendtobac":xssuqdby said:

Russ
Great to hear from you Russ! Is 12/31/17 the last day that blends can be sold that are not pre 2/17 that have not been cleared by the FDA?

Fight'n Hampsters":hgzq5pg8 said:
blendtobac":hgzq5pg8 said:

Russ
Great to hear from you Russ!  Is 12/31/17 the last day that blends can be sold that are not pre 2/17 that have not been cleared by the FDA?
No, they can be sold until 8/8/18, but we will have to stop ordering items before that date to make sure that we aren't sitting on inventory that would have to be destroyed.

Russ

blendtobac":ftway6oa said:
Fight'n Hampsters":ftway6oa said:
blendtobac":ftway6oa said:

Russ
Great to hear from you Russ!  Is 12/31/17 the last day that blends can be sold that are not pre 2/17 that have not been cleared by the FDA?
No, they can be sold until 8/8/18, but we will have to stop ordering items before that date to make sure that we aren't sitting on inventory that would have to be destroyed.

Russ
Ah so.... There's the rub, eh? It doesn't pay to be stuck with a ton of unsellable inventory, no doubt!

Ozark Wizard":mov9vt4z said:
blendtobac":mov9vt4z said:
Fight'n Hampsters":mov9vt4z said:
blendtobac":mov9vt4z said:

Russ

Russ
Ah so.... There's the rub, eh? It doesn't pay to be stuck with a ton of unsellable inventory, no doubt!
Ah, I see! That makes sense.