Hello all, new from VA

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RB-5

Reaction score
Greetings,

My name is Patrick and I am new to these boards. I live in Keswick VA, and was gifted a pipe and some tobacco. I really like forums and one of the first things I do when I acquire a new hobby is to find a forum. I have been lurking here for a few days and decided to register.

A little about me. I am 31 years old and recently married. My wife and I have a 7yo daughter. I play the banjo for a living and my wife is a nurse.

I have a question. The pipe I was gifted is a 2007 Peterson SPD with a nickel band. What is the proper nomenclature for this type of pipe in regards to the bowl shape, bend, etc,etc..

Thank you all for reading and I hope to prove a useful contributing member here.

A warm welcome to you Patrick.. You will so enjoy and learn so much here...
Chuck.. :D

Thank you both very much. That is great link, just what I needed.

edited to add: The number is 03

Thank you Muddler, I am finding a pleasure to be here.

Welcome and good move on marrying a nurse. My wife is also a nurse and no matter where we move in the world, we know she'll get a good job. Now if only the same was true for teachers!

Natch

Thank you Natch. Yeah, we've had that exact discussion.

Welcome RB-5! Glad to have you on the BoB! I hope that it's Bluegrass you're picking on that banjo! Is it a Gibson RB-5 that you refer to in your user name?

Enjoy! :cheers:

RB-5":7outksbd said:
Greetings,

My name is Patrick and I am new to these boards. I live in Keswick VA, and was gifted a pipe and some tobacco. I really like forums and one of the first things I do when I acquire a new hobby is to find a forum. I have been lurking here for a few days and decided to register.

A little about me. I am 31 years old and recently married. My wife and I have a 7yo daughter. I play the banjo for a living and my wife is a nurse.

I have a question. The pipe I was gifted is a 2007 Peterson SPD with a nickel band. What is the proper nomenclature for this type of pipe in regards to the bowl shape, bend, etc,etc..

Thank you all for reading and I hope to prove a useful contributing member here.
i'm pretty new to this forum, but you've picked a great one for pipes and tobacco. even the great mr. gl pease sticks his head in from time to time. plus there are many aged gents who have smoked everything in everything. a great forum here. welcome!

Thank you TallSmoke and bruins!

Yes it is bluegrass and yes I do play an RB-5. Do you know about banjos?