Hello Everyone, Im New.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks, Im new on here, in fact this is the first forum Ive ever joined. Im Irish and a bit shy so go easy on me.
Ive just started collecting pipes and love the amazing world im stepping into.
It all started by tring to quit cigs and my uncle suggest to get a pipe. He gave me an old Falcon on his and that was it. Im hooked.
My Favourite smoke it the last one in the evening around 9pm. Just the process of preparing, filling and lighting makes me relaxed ready to go to bed.
Anyways, Ive got lots of questions about the different pipes Ive got my hands on. I live in a posh area in england with lots of antique shops and with people viewing smoking as worshiping satan theres always lots of old mens smoking pipes to pick up for next to nothing. Some I clean out and smoke some I trade on ebay for others.
Just love the whole club feeling that only comes with pipe smokers.
Thats all for now. ill take some pics of my collection and pop them on. Wheres the best place to post them and is it difficult.
All the Best
Al.

Welcome to the club....don't worry about being shy...we'll slap that out of you quicker than Catholic school :lol!:

Welcome! When you are ready to post pics of your pipes, head over to The Photo Gallery and make a thread there. You won't be able to post pictures right away once you are new.

If you need help posting pictures, feel free to pm me.

shootist51":fnewv2xg said:
Welcome to the club....don't worry about being shy...we'll slap that out of you quicker than Catholic school :lol!:
Thanks, Went to catholic school, didnt get slapped that much!! I went and found slappers! (Irish slang term for lose women, tarts, the welsh etc). Thanks for sayin hi

Natch":2x5367np said:
Welcome. Per chance, have you acquired a Peterson yet? They're a fine Irish made pipe for the money, and some are gems regardless of price.

Natch
Hi Natch
Yes bud. After my first bit of study I found that Peterson Pipes are quite popular and Irish made, although the connection with the German brothers confused me. Anyhow I bagged two. A Peterson Dublin bowl from around the 60s. Im from dub and thought this a good place to start, and a bent silver collared one with a bakerlite stem. I think its from the 30s according to the hallmarks.
Im not used to the latter as the pin hole air hole often makes the draw either difficult or overwealming.
Thanks for saying hello.
William

Welcome to BoB enjoy your time here and I am so stealing the term slappers the next time I talk to my wife, she will have no clue, I had no clue, this will be epic.

Hey there Albondigas, and welcome. I'm in a rural area in Cornwall now, and don't worry, being a smoker makes you satanic whether you are in a posh area or not. Though I don't get nasty looks from fishermen and farmers, its mostly emmets and foreign tourists I have to say.

As to your question, there are lots of image hosting sites you can use, http://photobucket.com is probably the most popular but I dislike them as they auto-resize your pictures for you, and I prefer to keep image size the way I chose it to be. I would recommend http://imageshack.us or http://www.iimmgg.com, both allow you to upload images for free and don't mess with them unless you tell them to. Whichever site you choose, you'll probably have to set up a free account, but its not too tricky.