Hello from a newbie in Tasmania!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ajn27511":n79oc694 said:
Brewdude":n79oc694 said:
D'OH! Looks like geography is not my strong suit. Somehow I got it into my tiny brain that you were from NZ!

:oops: 

Cheers,

RR
Hey Brew, You been working as he taster in quality control again?  :drunken:  :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: 

AJ
Yup.....

drunk3.gif

Cheers,

RR

Welcome! Hope you can still enjoy those 'bacs with such pricey taxes. :roll:

You should be able to get any and all info free here, though! (In fact sometimes people will pay YOU in tobacco to accept their advice.) :lol!:

Thanks Josh! Already found out more than I thought possible just by looking through the forums. And I know I'm only scraping the tip of the iceberg :)

Fraternally,

Mike.

Brewdude":bxmg7qll said:
Welcome Mike Folks!

A kiwi eh? Always wanted to visit. Looks like a beautiful country.

I've heard that there is a rabid anti-smoking government policy in place there, to the extent that publications like Cigar Aficionado cannot even be sold. Is this true, and how do you cope with the seemingly draconian legislation to enjoy a pipe? Or is this all just media BS?

Cheers,

RR
KIWI ? He's from an island off the southern tip of Australia, and we all know that is the land of OZ and folks there are reffered to as being from OZ  :twisted:   :twisted:  New Zealanders are KIWI'S
Anyway, welcome mate and don't wear your heart on your sleeve around here  :twisted: :twisted: 

Welcome to BoB, Mike!
Tasmania is kind of like the Deep South of Australia. So far south that we drifted away
Do you guys speak with a southern Aussie drawl? :lol!:

Haha, never thought about that flyguy, but I suppose we do! It's strange, but it seems like the farther south or north you go in Australia, the more drawlified(probably not a word) the speech becomes  :D 

fraternally,

Mike.

MikeFolks":bfnlx1mp said:
Hello there brothers!
So glad that I found this site. I've been a cigarette smoker for about fourteen years, and am looking forward to giving them up and concentrating on the pipe. Every time I see someone smoking a pipe, they look so content and at peace. Almost as if they know some deep secret or truth about the universe. That is something I want from my tobacco use, not the rushed sucking down of a durrie.
I've been lurking around the site for about a week now, and am amazed at the depth of knowledge and spirit of comradeship. I've already learned so much!
I've just received a Savinelli Piazza di spagna(111KS) from Smokingpipes.com, along with their five pack of Dunhill blends and a few accessories. I have only smoked it twice now (MM965), but am loving the flavors as well as the meditative process.
Anyway, I can't wait to join in on the conversations around here, and be a part of this community.

Fraternally,

Mike Folks
Welcome! A bunch of good folks around here... glad to have another!

Welcome, Mike. You're off to a great start if you associate pipe smoking with relaxation, which I'd say is the best reason of the many one could give for an interest in pipes.

Hi Mike,

I have some local friends that were just out your way. Well, relatively speaking. They boarded the ship "Braveheart" at Freemantle and are now just past halfway to Amsterdam Island in the south central Indian Ocean. They are on a ham radio DXpedition. Amsterdam Island hasn't been active for over a decade, so it's a big thing for us ham radio op's. The Braveheart passed Tasmania about two weeks ago from New Zealand on their way to Freemantle. Interesting part of the world down there.

Later
Carlos

Wow Carlos! Sounds like the trip of a lifetime! Lots of adventure to be had down this way  :D 

So I've been piping for a couple of weeks now, starting to get the hang of it. Just have to remind myself to slow down! Quickly realized that I would have to get some more pipes if I wanted more than one pipe a day, so now I'm waiting on a bag of ten smokable seconds to show up from Missouri Meerschaum. Oh, and another Sav and some tobacco from Smokingpipes  :D  Looking like a good month for me!

fraternally

Mike