Hello from Hertfordshire

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveHorsfall

Reaction score
Greetings. I've just discovered this forum by chance, while googling. I'm also a member of Smokers Forums. I'm a 60-year-old Brit living in Hemel Hempstead, and came back to pipe-smoking in February 2011 after a 20-odd year gap, having been a piper in the 70s and 80s. Favourite tobaccos at the moment: 'Punchbowle', Rattray's 'High Society', 'Presbyterian', Ashton's 'Rainy Day', Sam Gawith's 'Commonwealth Mixture', and my own blend of Goldleaf Virginia, Cavendish, Latakia, and Perique.

Welcome, my friend. I used to go to Hemel Hempstead on business. I hope you enjoy the forum!

Welcome, Steve. Your journey sounds familiar (it seems a lot of us are returning to the pipe!). I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here

"T"

Howdy, Steve. Returner to the pipe after I abandoned it in my early twenties to quit all tobacco...it was easier. Now that I relinquished all smoking habits, I can go back and do it properly. 8) It's much more fun than I remember it--better pipes and tobacco notwithstanding. :lol:

Welcome to the Brotherhood. I too smoked a pipe in the 70's and 80's and then gave it up for some long forgotten reason. I just returned to the pleasures of the pipe this summer and am enjoying it more than ever. Stop by often.

Thanks for the welcomes - I certainly intend to stick around. Yet more recent returners to the pipe here, I see - I'm glad it's not just me!

Welcome Steve I've just started back smoking pipes after a 30+ years off. BOB is the place to be.

Hello Steve and welcome. I've an affinity for your green and pleasant country. Been there some dozen or more times. One of my oldest mates was born and raised in the Herts/Worcs area, now living near Halifax (God save us from Hell, Hull, and Halifax)!

8)

Cheers,

RR

SteveHorsfall":4u7220kt said:
Thanks. Yes, I've noticed that quite a few pipers online are recent returners.
Welcome, Steve,

And yes, there seems to be an increasing number of returning puffers. Perhaps it's the stressful times we live in, and our recalling the peace and refuge a simple bowl of good tobacco can give?

Please join in and share your thoughts and experiences.

Natch

Welcome! I love that this community is so global in its reach. Thank you for being a part of the diversity.