Hello from KS

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SageFromKS

Reaction score
Hello All,

New to the pipe smoking scene and found your forum. My buddies like to have a cigar every now and then but I wanted to do something different, so here I am.

I recently found an estate pipe online off of a website called etsy.com. I looked over the how to clean your pipe instructions and did ream the pipe a little bit but the stem isn't that fouled (I can see a lot of light looking up it)but I was wondering if I made out ok.

It is a Sir Sheldon brand of genuine briar.

Also looking for some tips on how to get started. My grandfather used to smoke a pipe and they are some of my earliest memories of him. What would be a good starter's kit to go put together: filters, tobacco, tools etc. Any information you feel like passing down is much appreciated.

Sage

Howdy! In the short time I've been here I've found this to be a great group to be connected with. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time amongst the brotherhood.

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy getting started and enjoy your time here

"T"

Welcome SageFromKS, I hope you enjoy your time spent here - and there's certainly a lot we learn from each other.

Welcome. Just use the search option or read the posts on pipe smoking techniques (or what ever that section is called?) and you'll find all sorts of advice. But remember, we're all different (some of us are really, really different!) so try the suggestions and stay with what works for you.

Natch

SageFromKS":rw22dauf said:
I recently found an estate pipe online off of a website called etsy.com. I looked over the how to clean your pipe instructions and did ream the pipe a little bit but the stem isn't that fouled (I can see a lot of light looking up it)but I was wondering if I made out ok.

Also looking for some tips on how to get started. My grandfather used to smoke a pipe and they are some of my earliest memories of him. What would be a good starter's kit to go put together: filters, tobacco, tools etc. Any information you feel like passing down is much appreciated.
Sage, you will find a lot of great information here and on YouTube about packing methods, cleaning, and types of tobacco. A great way to get going is offered by www.pipesandcigars.com, they have starter "kits" that include everything you need. Another great choice are corn cob pipes (aristocob.com).

Welcome to the forum, please ask whatever is on your mind as we all learn that way.

Welcome to BOB Sage! I'd suggest you pick up a "Czech" pipe tool, Castleford reamer,alcohol--some use high test booze,some 91 or 97% Isopropyl,regular and bristle pipe cleaners,maybe some Halcyon II pipe wax. I'm not familiar with your Sir Sheldon pipe.

Top of the morning to you, Sir!

You needs simply browse the several sections of this forum to learn smoking techniques and to read discussions of preferred tobaccos and pipes and such.

And as others have mentioned, everybody is different. Although I am not sure what Natch is getting at. :lol:

Enjoy your time here!

I am a Kansas native to but have left for warmer weather here in florida. Welcome to BOB