Hello from London.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derg

Reaction score
Good day to you all.

I found this amazing forum a couple of days ago and figured I should make an account and get involved.

I have been smoking a pipe on and off for about a year (gave up the cigarettes two years ago), but in the last few months I have really embraced it. I atribute this to starting to read about pipe tobacco on-line and realising that maybe all the aromatics I had been smoking were the reason I hadn't fallen in love with the pie yet. At the begging I guess I thought aromatics would be an easier smoke. But since I bought myself a load of Samuel Gawith tins I have been loving the english and pure virginia blends.

So I guess I'm here to learn more about this wonderful habit and to see what you old dogs can teach me. And hey, maybe i'll have an opinion to lend to this obviously great community.

Thanks for having me,

Derg

Welcome, Derg! I hope you enjoy your time reading & posting here. Sounds like right now we like similar tobaccos. . . . Hope you have an easier time getting Gawith etc than we sometimes do!

"T"

Welcome Derg! Glad to see a new face on the boards.

Welcome aboard, Derg! I, too, just found this forum recently.

welcome to the forum Derg..gotta say the folks frequenting this board are pretty kind to us newbs so jump right in!

Welcome Derg. Greetings from across the pond. BTW Go Spurs!! Yid Army!! Oh yeah, I'm a grownup now tsk tsk. Settle Down Settle Down

Welcome Derg,
You're not such a newbie if you've smoked all those great blends you have listed under your avatar. there's a world of enjoyment awaiting you.

Thanks for all the nice responses guys. Really enjoying looking around these forums.

DrT999":wtud1aec said:
Welcome, Derg! I hope you enjoy your time reading & posting here. Sounds like right now we like similar tobaccos. . . . Hope you have an easier time getting Gawith etc than we sometimes do!

"T"
Yeah, it seems like it's harder getting them in the US. Seen lots of threads saying they are in stock and people jumping on them. The B&M place near my work sells all the Gawith blends, but they sure are expensive with all the tax we pay in the UK.

docwatson":wtud1aec said:
Welcome Derg,
You're not such a newbie if you've smoked all those great blends you have listed under your avatar. there's a world of enjoyment awaiting you.
It took me a while to get there, but I do feel like i'm smoking "proper tobacco" now, rather then the sickly sweet stuff I started on.

Ay up Derg. Welcome to BoB.

I'm a bit of an Anglophile myself, and have visited your green and pleasant country some dozen or more times over the years. Have several close mates that are scattered around - New Forest, S. Yorks, and W. Yorks.

Where in London are you, in general terms?

Cheers,

RR

Welcome, Derg. Lots of good info here (and a bit of bull, but hey, that's life :lol: ). Mostly gentle, good folk and that's what really makes this place. Just be leery of anyone who's name starts with an "N".

Natch