Hello from Michigan

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyTrees

Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm a new pipe smoker, formerly a non-smoker. Married to a smoker for a couple decades, and one of the only non-smokers in the mill where I work. I jokingly have called myself a 'second-hand smoker"

Some of my older memories are passing folks in one public space or another who were smoking a pipe and thinking "Wow, that smells SO good!" --- probably one with cherry.

I was planning a pipe e-cig mod and wondering how to get an e-cig flavor for a friend (and myself) that tastes like what I remembered a pipe did. This led me into getting some pipes and tobacco to try to rekindle the memory.

That wasn't so successful, but it did lead me to YouTube to get more knowledge, and there I discovered a whole community, similar to the e-cig community.

After, a few weeks of pipe smoking experience, and finding that it was relaxing and quite enjoyable, I decided was going to keep at the hobby, and to join you folks in the internet pipe smoking communities.

I've posted a (somewhat rambling) "Hello" video on Youtube, but it is basically just a longer version of the above.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V4Oc-7SIB6c" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyway, I'm enjoying the new experiences, and happy to be here.

Bob aka HappyTrees

Hello Bob, very nice to meet you Buddy, that video was awesome, almost as good as getting to meet you in person, it feels quite intimidating doing the first one isn't it. you did so much better than I did when I tried doing one when I had a Webcam, I just sat there looking stupid and came out with some rubbish about me making myself look like a butthole, it was awful, your video was great, really nice meeting you Bob, oh and welcome to BoB.  :cheers: :sunny: :cheers: